This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sudden Surge of NEW residents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sudden Surge of NEW residents
    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:50am
Do not know what is really going on, and uncertain of just a regional thing where there is and has been a massive surge of move ins to the rural area here.  Houses stay on the market a VERY short time, sell for ask or get into bid wars HIGHER.  Properties that five years ago struggled for Months to years to sell are selling now in weeks to maybe not even hitting listings.

Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:01am
Rural I assume.
Everybody getting ready for the SHTF and moving to the country.
The cities are letting BLM (burn loot n murder) and Antifa run wild in the streets. Some believe we’re headed down a very bad path.
Prepped supplies and anything ammo related are back ordered beyond time.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:02am
Normal here.... People working in Toronto, will by ANY house here for a million, tear it down, build their new dream home and call it a DEAL ! They also want to get away from the gangs/drugs/murders and oh yeah TAXES......
I could easily have gotten another 100k for my 1ac next door had I sold outside the  family...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:59am
running away from COVID, gangs and Taxes....Also REMOTE jobs is pushing a lot of people out of the city.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:15am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

running away from COVID, gangs and Taxes....Also REMOTE jobs is pushing a lot of people out of the city.

I know a lot of people are heading to western Maryland because they can work from home and don't have to deal with all the traffic
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:03am
urban flight.    nothing to do with race but racing to get out of town .  I made my break in 68 .    Back when I could buy 265 acres of East Texas piney woods for $80 a acre.  Still here and now that I'm retired live off the land. Waiting now for the price of timber to go up .
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:07am
They leave where they were to escape, unfortunately a bunch of them bring all the things they were trying to escape right along with them for the rest of us to enjoy,,
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Ken in Texas Ken in Texas wrote:

urban flight.    nothing to do with race but racing to get out of town .  I made my break in 68 .    Back when I could buy 265 acres of East Texas piney woods for $80 a acre.  Still here and now that I'm retired live off the land. Waiting now for the price of timber to go up .

Get yourself some equipment and make lumber!   
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:18am
That's what I have been hearing around here in Ohio since this Covid house selling and selling for over asking price, had friends that their house sond in less than a week after it was listed.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:49pm
Same thing going on here. Thousands of new homes destroying hundreds of acres of farm ground that can never be brought back into production. Just because someone's wife wants her own nag or bunch of filthy old money eating goats. But in this part of the country there are hundreds and hundreds of wind generators going up. People building houses/developers dont like them. But at least we can still farm the ground. Sorts puts the kibosh on building here.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:59pm
Seems when I was working over in  Minneapolis , wondered if the fore sale signs or the Biden signs were the most prevalent - but it seems the Black Lives matter signs outnumbered them both . 
 Friend who was caretaking a place had to move as owner put it up for sale , on that street located just off Lake St in the riot area - about 1/2 the places there were up for sale . 
 Exodus from inner city is heavy - but problem is the same individuals seem to bring the problems with them  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:45pm
Houses in this county are selling in just a few days and many times getting more than the listing price. West and north end of the county are the worse (closer to metro Atlanta) but it is getting down into my area in the south of the county. Available building lots are predicted to be used up by the end of the year. We are building new schools just about every year and are still overcrowded. When I started with fire/rescue in the late 70's we had 2 ambulances and 3 rescues in the county, now we have 12 ambulances and 10 rescue units. I am on the county board of tax ass.......errrr.......tax assessors and I see a county wide revaluation coming very soon. I am ready to pack up and move to the farm but the boss says no. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:56pm
Happening here too.  About a dozen new houses being built right now.  It was all crop land, then someone got it and divided it all up and sold all them little plots.  Actually they are at least a few acres each.  A few years back one of my neighbors had a moving sale.  They sold their house before they got a sign put up and got more than what they listed it for.  I keep telling the wife it's time to get a condo!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 9:56am
needs to to be a hunting season for realators , developers , and attorneys
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:27am
Well Developers do make employment, and Realtors do make us money when we sell, attorneys, Screw them cost money no matter what side they are on.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:40am
I’m working on the edge of town building a mini ranch. Just put 4 rail wooden horse fence around 15 acres. Built a small expensive cabin and building a barn as we speak.
Yesterday I heard equipment working. I started paying close attention. It was 3 different back hoes working in 3 different locations and a 4th with a hammer on it hammering away. This little rural area is booming. Makes me very nervous.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 6:22pm
as much as it does create employment and i have also benifitted some  we get these inversions that creates smog but they dont stop trying to bring in big bissness to swallow up another hundred acres and keep bringing in more californians that sell out there and buy up what ever they can for prices locals cant touch and then bring there politics with  ten years ago maybe a local car would come once an hour now this road does not stop twenty four seven with somthing going by every minet
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 6:08am
Traffic has increased 3 fold this year. Feel like we are being pushed out. We have a large acreage buffer zone so I will never have to see any neighbors unless they are creeping around in the treeline. It happens.
I liked it better when no one was around.
Only had to run off half dozen people over the years. May increase, I don't know.

I planted a few small pin oaks last year and my oldest son was bitching that it will block the shooting lanes when SHTF situation. I told him to relax I have almost finalized the plans for the gun turret to put on the roof.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:33am
We also are being pushed out by new residents in the community.   A house down the county road sat vacant just long enough to have all the copper wire ,appliances and interior doors ripped off.  My good friend just bought this house and 5 acres for $30,000.  Left his 16 foot trailer sit in the carport one night a week ago and it's GONE.   
     Who wants to live in a community where your neighbors have no respect for what is yours?       

Edited by Ken in Texas - 12 Dec 2020 at 7:35am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 8:02am
Some of these new comers drive these narrow county roads with 1 lane creek crossings like they are headed to Dallas on I 20. I have met some of them coming right down the middle in a blind curve and had to hit the ditch quick at the risk of a head on crash.. It's like they don't care and have no respect for others.  They love giving you the finger too. I hate having to drive my tractors on these roads anymore.
     If you put mail in your box to be sent and put the flag up.   Chances are good your sent mail will be stolen.  My parents brass grave marker got stolen to be sold as scrap. 
    Talk about lowlife.  The little freewill church got its Sunday School room A C unit ripped off . A deacon found it the same day in a Henderson Pawn Shop.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 12 Dec 2020 at 8:03am
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 8:34am

Don't know if price of timber followed suit but price of lumber nearly doubled 'round here.
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:18am
Prices on ANY lumber IF CAN GET IT is nuts here, some are getting four times the price as of two years ago.
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:50am
We have a different type of influx here. Last few years we are getting many Amish families moving here from NY.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:53am
Timber prices here on the stump are lower or as low as they were 6 years ago.  I got much better prices 20 years ago than today except for veneer hard maple and walnut is still about the same.  Lumber prices have quadrupled and the quality of it is the worst I have ever seen.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:16am
Got really good money for median grade Walnut here this summer, quite happy with that, now cedar we have was looked at and the guy declined, paying next to nothing for Grade Cedar and not even bothering with anything else unless give it to them.  Thinking of just dropping the ones causing farm issues and building a burn pile.  May rent a excavator next spring and root the least value lines of them and clean the place up.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

The cities are letting BLM (burn loot n murder) 

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Clap Clap ClapParty
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:12pm

Some of these new comers drive these narrow county roads with 1 lane creek crossings like they are headed to Dallas on I 20. I have met some of them coming right down the middle in a blind curve and had to hit the ditch quick at the risk of a head on crash.. It's like they don't care and have no respect for others.  They love giving you the finger too. I hate having to drive my tractors on these roads anymore.
     If you put mail in your box to be sent and put the flag up.   Chances are good your sent mail will be stolen.  My parents brass grave marker got stolen to be sold as scrap. 
    Talk about lowlife.  The little freewill church got its Sunday School room A C unit ripped off . A deacon found it the same day in a Henderson Pawn Shop.

Ken, get some BIG weights and put em on the front of your tractor and then go play chicken with em.  If they hit you, they'll be the ones with regrets.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic