This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mowed the dang lawn yesterday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mowed the dang lawn yesterday
    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 1:39am
I hope its the last time this year. Put 47 hours on the dang mower this year. It started using a little oil using cheap SAE 30 Walmart oil. Went to JD SAE 30 oil and it dried it up. Gotta drill a hole in the deck so I can get to that dam center pulley grease fitting. I gotta take the dang deck off to grease the center bearings. Boy is that a big ol pain. Must be that dam green paint. Then went to constructing the old gal a new cat house. She's got 4 of those dang 4 legged critters hanging outside the door trying to sneek in whenever I go out. Gotta unconstruct the front and cut the opening a little bigger. It got so darn cold in the shed my dang back got so stiff I could hardly move. Sure glad I got her dang stinking eggs before it got cold.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 31 Oct 2020 at 1:40am
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:39am
I may have to mow ONCE More for the year as the last two warm ups kicked the grass back on just enough to be a pain.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 8:05am
We'll more at least one more time. Maybe two or three. We've mowed a week before Christmas a time or two.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 9:11am
I am hoping for some rain, so I would have too mow the lawn!!
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 3:40pm
neighbor mowing mine today! lol!! After we picked the corn, sub-soiled and plowed all the gardens. Dont take long to plow 4 acres with 806 and 5 bottom plow! LOL!!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:53pm
I like to leave ours a little long going into the winter. Haven't mowed in a couple of weeks, done for this year.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:24pm
I've been running the lawn vac about every other day.  Lawn Vac, greatest invention since sliced white bread!! I love the trees and would never cut them down, but they sure are belligerent.  I clean up the leaves and the next day they got it covered again.  There are five, two are done, one is smaller so not many leaves, and the last two are about 2/3 done, so we're on the home stretch.

We have this little garden that the wife likes to put in triple the tomato plants that the area can handle.  No two plants the same.  I cleaned it out today.  I bet I coulda filled up a five gallon pale with all the little green ones.

I cut down a huge dead elm yesterday and got it pretty much cut up.  Now I'm just waiting for the neighbor to come drag it home.  Got a ton of dead elm and ash to cut down and clear out.  I'm glad I got a couple neighbors that want the wood.  
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:36pm
Did my yard work today . Grass is still green but I mostly just vacuumed the leaves off it . Have a million or so still on our trees . Oh well
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:59pm
Gots the dang cat house finished up today. I even had a 1/2 sheet of 1" pink Styrofoam and insulated the 4 sides. All made outta scrap left over from important jobs. Now she wants me to tear everything outta this dang 16' cargo trailer and move everything around. More dang crap to do instead of enjoying retirement. Might be far cheaper to sell the dang table saw.   
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 7:51pm
Theres cat houses, then there's cathouses...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic