This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Madison County Covered Bridge Festival

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madison County Covered Bridge Festival
    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:43pm
Guys this was cancelled several months ago, but there are at least 3 radio stations in this area advertising its happening. We've been part of this 0ver 20 years. Gonna set up at the Farmers market Sat**day morning our regular day and go back on Sunday morning. We'll see how this works out.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:47pm
at least you're close to this one!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 8:01am
What a beautiful day in October. Sitting here with no jacket on.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 8:09am
wasn't that where Clint and Merril got together and?????
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 12:34am
Clint and Merril who?
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Dave H Dave H wrote:

wasn't that where Clint and Merril got together and?????

Yep. Her house is across the road from BIL family farm
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 8:17am
Clint Eastwood and Merril Streap rolled in the hay there.  Wink
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 11:05am
Yes that is where the movie was made. I live a mile south west of Roseman Bridge. When I would go home at night, I would meet Clint driving home. He had a white GMC full size van with a stuffed orangatang strapped into the passenger seat. We just about lost Eastwood when he was here. He was directing a street scene, stepped backwards into traffic and my tire shop partner came within an eyelash of running over him.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:25pm
What a great day for a car show. Friends I hadn't seen in years showed up with their cars. Farmers market went on on the court house square. Great day. Lots of semi loads of beans headed thru town today. Lots tof ladies in their Dazy Dukes. Looks like its gonna be the last day for those this year.   
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:20pm
I spent 3 days and 3 nights in Winterset back in 2014.  One of my favorite Memorial Day Weekend memories.  I got to all 6 Bridges and of course John Wayne's birthday bash.   A couple movies at the "Iowa" were also enjoyed.   Winterset is a great town with so much to see and do there.  Great times!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic