This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C70 truck seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C70 truck seats
    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 6:55pm
Got a 86 C70 spreader truck and it's in dire need of seats. It had the old bench seat then my father in law decided he needed AC. Well, the AC box had to go in the cab so out came the PRISTINE bench seat and in went a wore out bucket for the drivers side and a cheap tractor seat for the passengers. Anyway, the AC worked about a year and the compressor got a hole in it and it's not worth replacing so all the AC stuff has been removed. I can't ride very far before I'm sore. A new bench seat would be fine but I was wandering if anybody robbed a bucket out of some other truck and put in these? Arm rests would be nice. Any suggestions?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 7:03pm
Dont have to be a truck..... I took buckets out of a Chrylser Cordoba 25 years ago and put in a Chevy C20....... Best bet is to to the local scrap yard and SET in a few trucks and see what you like !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 7:47pm
Should accept ANY similar year GM Truck seat, will have to drill some bolt holes.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:01pm
i've used conversion van seats in many applications, they come with arm rests and are comfy! even put one ona old 460 IH. best seat ever!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 11:08pm
Most truck salvage lots will   have something you can put in there. I do like the GM seats. On my fleet of trucks I had years ago, they were far better than the dang ferd truck seats. I took them to Iowa Auto Top in Des Moines when they needed recovered. They never did me a bad job recovering them.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 11:18pm
I put Chevy lumina mini van seats in my 88 suburban used a blazer counsel in between them. Square body's rarely had bucket seats in them blazer seat don't fit blazers and suburbans have flat floors. and the two risers for the inboard front corners were welded in. If you use a mini van seat just cut a tube spacer and weld a washer on each end with a longer bolt the two outside hole lined up drill the two inside hole use washer and a nut on the underside.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 6:38am
Thanks y'all. I'll look into this stuff. I would really like to keep buckets because the space in the middle is a good place to keep a tool box or duct tape or something like that.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 9:39pm
In my old White dump truck I have a set of Mustang bucket seats , in the 76 GMC dump it has a bench seat from pickup of around the same year . In had suburban bucket seats on 460 International and HD5 for some years but my supply from Chev dealer dried up when truck manager there quit - 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 6:30am
My in-laws would disown me if I used Ford seats. Now that I think about it that might be a good option
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic