This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Left Turn ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Left Turn ??
    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 5:32pm
I posted awhile back about "left-turners" favoring the "middle" of the lane and was told that "legally", No on can pass on the "right" of the white line ConfusedConfused. On my way home this evening, I met an oncoming "stopped" line of traffic due to an AHOLE that was making a left turn BUT was a half car width OVER the white line ConfusedSleepyAngry !!!
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 7:37pm
In MI you can pass on the right as long as you don't leave the pavement, it don't matter where the line is.  Except at intersections.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 8:17pm
This happened to be in Indiana just south of the border. No body could get around this Ahole because of a tree line Confused. Like I said, he was a 1/2 car width over the white line that left more room for traffic to go around him on the LEFT and still not cross the center line LOL!!!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 6:43am
Oh the humanity!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:37am
GEES... im glad i dont have these catastrophic problems.. It must be very difficult to get thru the day !!!  Lets all pray for you.. Hug
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:36am
It is FAR more important to get there safely than to get there quickly.  Why would anyone chance crashing to save a couple of seconds?
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 12:52pm
IMO anybody who paases a left turning vehicle on the right side at a 4 way intersection needs their head examined right after someone gives them a well deserved punch in the nose and kick in the crotch!
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 1:31pm
Guy must have been a truck driver. Need to go right before swinging left to get the trailer around the corner.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:31pm
Freedguy, you seem to have the worst luck with AHOLES!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:38pm
Passing at an intersection is illegal no matter which side you pass from. My accountant has been hit twice in such cases and fault went the driver doing the passing. Bottom line, slow the #&$@ down!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

IMO anybody who paases a left turning vehicle on the right side at a 4 way intersection needs their head examined right after someone gives them a well deserved punch in the nose and kick in the crotch!
WELL, MR. LONN, I NEVER mentioned a 4 way intersection in ANY of my posts ConfusedConfused ?? These are AHOLES turning into private driveways, no intersections involved WinkWink !! Please enable "spell check" on your device BTW Big smileBig smile
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

GEES... im glad i dont have these catastrophic problems.. It must be very difficult to get thru the day !!!  Lets all pray for you.. Hug
The January inauguration is coming up, I'll pray for you WinkWink !!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:23pm
I think we'll all survive as long as the country don't make an unsignaled left turn...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:42pm
NOW THATS FUNNY !!!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic