This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap coupler dirt scoop questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap coupler dirt scoop questions
    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 3:50pm
I just picked up a dirt scoop like the one posted in the link below. I found pictures of some that are setup to be pulled forward whereas mine is pushed backwards. Are they different models or are they reversible somehow? Anyone know the model number of mine? I'd like to track down a manual at some point. Also, how is the trip mechanism activated? Is there supposed to be a lever or just a rope? Mine doesn't have anything currently. It appears to have a broken spring that is part of the trip mechanism that will have to be replaced too.

https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/fs-allis-brush-hog-and-dirt-scoop_topic150045.html
Machinery rescue for all things rusty or broken. Current residents include 3-1/2 WD45s, Oliver Row 77 gas, 88 diesel, Farmall super C, parts C, two Cat D2's, Clark C500-80 forklift, and a sick Kubota.
Sponsored Links

Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 5:54pm
They are reversible.
Orange Day Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Day Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 2:28pm
The dirt scoop was reversible yes, pull the side pins and reverse the direction. 
I have also attached a picture of what the spring mech should look like, I have rebuilt a couple of these scoops now and highly recommend replacing the springs.uploads/9251/003_.jpguploads/9251/001__2020-06-08_14-27-12.jpguploads/9251/069_.jpg
Orange Day Farm
Clint Worron
30' United, 37' WC, 38' B, 41' C&80 Series cultivators, IB, 51' CA, 42' WF, 49' WD,53' WD&cultivators, 57' WD45&33 Picker, D12, D15HC, 180, All Crop 60, 444 baler, etc...
WD45 Aaron View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 2:42pm
That makes it pretty clear. Especially the picture of the latching mechanism. Where do you tie the rope off to keep it handy but out of the way?
Machinery rescue for all things rusty or broken. Current residents include 3-1/2 WD45s, Oliver Row 77 gas, 88 diesel, Farmall super C, parts C, two Cat D2's, Clark C500-80 forklift, and a sick Kubota.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic