This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rural King,,,???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rural King,,,???
    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:53pm
  Say,,,Anybody live close to a rural king store? Some time ago, I bought a couple of bottles of Cinnamon Sugar by Baker's Select at the local TSC store.  I been liking a teaspoon with my coffee. That way, I can get my caffene and some cinnamon that supposssed to be good for you. I went yesterday as I had run out and they tell me they only had it as a seasonal item,,,,,,WTH,,,?? The Mgr told me that she thinks Rural King carries it. Anybody got an idee,,?? 
Sponsored Links

BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Say,,,Anybody live close to a rural king store? Some time ago, I bought a couple of bottles of Cinnamon Sugar by Baker's Select at the local TSC store.  I been liking a teaspoon with my coffee. That way, I can get my caffene and some cinnamon that supposssed to be good for you. I went yesterday as I had run out and they tell me they only had it as a seasonal item,,,,,,WTH,,,?? The Mgr told me that she thinks Rural King carries it. Anybody got an idee,,?? 

https://www.ruralking.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=cinnamon+sugar

We had a container that was Kroger brand (big chain grocery concern in our area); I got addicted to cinnamon toast and soon ran out.
When I asked the wife to pick up some more, she told me to just make my own --- and I did just that.
I put about one part cinnamon to three parts pure cane sugar, mixed it well, and dumped it in the shaker; my homemade blend suits me better than the store-bought did.

As for pure cane sugar, for several years, we have been using "Zulka  Morena  Pure Cane Sugar", it comes in a 4-lb see-thru plastic bag and I think she gets it at Walmart (I HATE that place and never go in one myself; I had the sad misfortune of working in one a few years ago and it was an eye-opening experience; it is no wonder half the stuff you buy is broken in the box)

Anyhow, last fall, they opened a big new Rural King a couple counties over from us.
The wife went and checked it out and bought more stuff than she could haul; TSC in that town will soon be boarded up.
Thinking we could save some money, she got a 10-pound bag of their Farmer's Select Pure Cane Sugar for less that the 4-pound bag of the Morena that we had been using.
It takes three spoons of the Farmer's Select to get close to the taste of two spoons of the Morena; and, the Farmer's Select is all clumped up and refuses to pour out of anything smaller than a large mouth container; I beat and progue and loosen it up and the next time I reach for it it is all clumped up again; we never have that problem with the Morena.
Needless to say, once we finally got that ten-pound bag gone, we went back to the Morena. 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 6:41pm
Amazon says they ran out..

E-bay...
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 7:00pm
Just checked our rural king they have chef's select not baker's select cinnamon sugar.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:21pm

That's kinda weird,,,I had checked Ebay earlier and they did not list the Baker's Select,neither did Amazon. I just checked Ebay again and nothing,,except when I follow Steve's link,,,HMMmm????,,,But Steve's link does NOT show the 12 digit item number,,,WTH,,,??? something weird,,,,,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 12:44am
make yer own Joe...it ain't hard, I do it all the time.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 9:15am

You know, Shameless,,,I cannot figure what's happenin as I cannot find it on Ebay,,altho when I follow ole Steve's link,,it opens up BUT does not have the Ebay 12 digit item number,,,???
 You're right,,,,I'ma gonna check out some recipes to make some home made,,,,,, I Love it in my coffee,,!!
 What is your recipe,,??
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by BuckSkin BuckSkin wrote:

Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

https://www.ruralking.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=cinnamon+sugar

We had a container that was Kroger brand (big chain grocery concern in our area); I got addicted to cinnamon toast and soon ran out.
When I asked the wife to pick up some more, she told me to just make my own --- and I did just that.
I put about one part cinnamon to three parts pure cane sugar, mixed it well, and dumped it in the shaker; my homemade blend suits me better than the store-bought did.

As for pure cane sugar, for several years, we have been using "Zulka  Morena  Pure Cane Sugar", it comes in a 4-lb see-thru plastic bag and I think she gets it at Walmart (I HATE that place and never go in one myself; I had the sad misfortune of working in one a few years ago and it was an eye-opening experience; it is no wonder half the stuff you buy is broken in the box)

Anyhow, last fall, they opened a big new Rural King a couple counties over from us.
The wife went and checked it out and bought more stuff than she could haul; TSC in that town will soon be boarded up.
Thinking we could save some money, she got a 10-pound bag of their Farmer's Select Pure Cane Sugar for less that the 4-pound bag of the Morena that we had been using.
It takes three spoons of the Farmer's Select to get close to the taste of two spoons of the Morena; and, the Farmer's Select is all clumped up and refuses to pour out of anything smaller than a large mouth container; I beat and progue and loosen it up and the next time I reach for it it is all clumped up again; we never have that problem with the Morena.
Needless to say, once we finally got that ten-pound bag gone, we went back to the Morena. 
Hmmm.....if two different brands of pure cane sugar taste different, somebody is lying!  Clumping, that's another thing.  But put simply, refined cane sugar is refined cane sugar. 
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 3:18pm
Hey Joe, click on Steve's link.  Then to the right of the picture you will see some writing and at the bottom of the writing you will see in blue "See Details", click on that and it takes you to the actual ebay listing.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 6:02pm
Just for fun, I googled it. There's a lot of it on Amazon.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 6:28pm
Yesterday two AMAZON sites listed it... but both said they were OUT ??
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 10:04pm

Well,,,CHIT,,I just cannot remember where I bought this one and the taste of it was something I like'ed but,,,but,,that don't mean I wouldn't like another brand,,,like the Chef's Blend that Rural King carries, but I sure as heck ain't gonna pay em $17 for shipping for 3 little ole jars of thet chit,,,!!! (hint)

If ole Shameless would only relent and share his recipe,,why,,I would just make my own,,,,,By Crackies,,,,!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 12:12am
I puts some pure cane sugar ina bowl, and ad some cininmom...ciminon...cinninmom...well chit...you know...that brown stuff, and stir it til it looks good, may hafta keep adding some of that brown stuff til it looks good, can buy it in BIG containers and should be nuff to last a year or better. I keep a big bottle of it for when I make French toast and sprinkle some on it too. after mixing it, put in an air tight jar so it don't clump up.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:35am
Dang addiction sucks. It's always something ya like a lot to. Go easy on that Sugar and High Glycemic Carb stuff. We want you on here for another 100 or so years, and that goes for you to Shammers. Smile
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 8:12am
I don't know if we can put up with the shammers for another 100 years or so.  I think about 98 or 99 might be about the limit.

Big smile
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Grayray Grayray wrote:

I don't know if we can put up with the shammers for another 100 years or so.  I think about 98 or 99 might be about the limit.

Big smile

Maybe 97 might even LOL be enough.LOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:08pm
I just meant for Chammers to go easy on the Sugar and High Glycemic stuff.  LOLWink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:02pm
Look out now Chas......you're a marked man!!  You'll have em BOTH after your scalp!

I always made my own too.  Just keep puttin in the cinnamon until the color looks right to you.  I've never measured.  I like it on toast in the mornings.  Goes on waffles, pancakes, toast and cereal.  And of course, in your coffee.  I just like plain cinnamon in my coffee though, I can't stand sugar in coffee,,,,
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 8:15pm
Be careful with too much cinnamon,  it has been known to cause very low blood sugar.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 9:25pm
might try "splenda" with the brown stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic