This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 shift tower details (picture heavy)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 6:17am
Ted, Folks,
The tractors may have a shelter this winter. The camper will still need to set out since it will not be able to go into the building doors. Somewhat intentional by design. I did not want a monster high building in my yard. 
Anyway no , I dont have a CA ......yet. Maybe some day.
Glad this thread has maybe helped a folks get into these old shift towers too.
 Regard,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 7:21am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Originally posted by IBWD MIke IBWD MIke wrote:

I learned to tig while working at Maytag. I think we had about 50 toolmakers that had access to the weld booth. Usually when you went in there the tungsten was in sad shape so I kept my own in my toolbox. Saved a lot of time.

I learned to tig weld when I was working die repair years ago. Once anyone found out I could weld, they forgot how to and came to me to fix  things for them.
 One thing I never did was tig weld aluminum. I tried for about 15 seconds once, when a co worker was trying to show a few guys how to do it, but I had been away from a tig for many years, and I just couldn't control the foot pedal well enough to make a puddle, without blowing a hole in the part. OuchConfused

I hear that! Their weren't too many of us that actually welded. I really enjoyed it. Welding hard tool steel is a tad different from CRS!

Chris, hope you get the shop up before the snow flies!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic