This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-15 series 2 Rear wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-15 series 2 Rear wheel
    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:20am
Hi All, 
I've been a follower of this forum for a long time. I have a D-15 in need of a rear wheel
Can any one tell me what the cheapest options are available. I'm in Massachusetts and there are not a lot of dealers that know much about them around the eastern part of the state. I use the tractor mostly for property work, it has the L-200 front loader.
My wife grandfather whom I got the machine from had set it up with a Davis backhoe. 
If I can figure out how I'll upload a picture or two
The tire and rim size is 14.9 - 26/13 - 26. I also saw that some John Deere tires and rims may fit so that also an option. 
Here is a YouTube link of my 12 year old pushing snow 2 years ago. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

-Bill
Sponsored Links

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:39am
When I needed new rims I ordered them from OK tractors they showed up at the tire shop in A few days. The tire shop put the tires on and I hauled home. While not the cheep solution I believe it to be the best solution for a bad rim. You get brand new Titian rims that will out last my life time and probably my teenage son as well. I've put new rims on three tractors and not regretted it. I have however bought good looking used rims and after removing the good looking paint found the paint was the only thing holding them together. Bite the bullet now get two new rims and never worry about it again.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:04pm
If you are good at fabricating, I hear that you can buy just the wheel and take the adjusting bars off the old wheel and weld them on the new wheel.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
billman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:29pm
Thank you for the replies. Shipping a wheel from OK to Mass might me expensive.. lol 
I Might look at welding the though. If I weld it I would think I could seat the tire with the back hoe. 
I called a couple of local places here in Mass and they were not much help. 
I think I'll call some of the dealers advertised in the website just to see what they have to say. 
Thank you
-Bill
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:45pm
Almost any 8 bolt wheel will bolt on. If you don't need the power adjust, Gleaner A wheels will fit, they are 14.9-26.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:58pm
Any 8 hole 26 or 28 rim will fit.  I had a couple of yellow ones on my D14 when I first got it. The pressed steel rims will be your cheapest fix.  If you switch to 28" you will need to do both sides.  14.9 x 28's will fit just fine on that tractor.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 3:04pm
I've got 3 combine rims on 3 of my D-14s. As long as you don't need to adjust the width, they'll be fine, and CHEAP. Rims are 26", 8bolt, 8" bolt circle.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 3:13pm
Billman, Welcome to the Forum. I enjoyed the video. Looks like someone taught the 12 year old well, like keeping the bucket low to avoid higher center of gravity/tipping problem. Bob@allisdowneast
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
billman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 4:05pm
Thank you Bob,
Yes I barely get to drive it any more.  Whenever we have some work to do he jumps in it before I can. 
My older son tore it apart and basically rebuilt it at 17. He repainted it. I have some great pictures, If I can figure out how to upload them. It has the snow bucket on in the video, 
But i also have a dirt bucket and 6 ft rototiller for the back. Although I don't have much use for the roto tiller. 
There is another video of my older son doing some dirt work on that channel also. 
I love the machine, Its been reliable and this thing is a beast. 
-Bill 

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:09pm
New rim will prolly cost you about 250-300 bucks, you might as well get it as close to home as possible, and save the shipping...Wink You might try Sandy Lake equipment, a site sponsor and see some money go back to Darrin!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:17pm
Miller Tire in Oh also has rims available at a reasonable price.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:42pm
Who you buy the rim from doesn't make much differance in shipping price since they are drop shipped from the factory. Your local tire dealer can probably get them for the same price they just roll the shipping into the rim price. You can buy a blank and weld your rails on the shipping will be about as getting the correct rim in the first place. One of my WD 45s had combine rims I hated them there is no way to set the wheel spacing. So your stuck with to wide to fit on the trailer or thru the barn door.
frnkeore View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frnkeore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:21pm
Don't forget HeyWheel:

https://www.heywheel.com/page3.html

They do their best to keep the shipping down.
Frank
1959 D17 Series I #24001+, '59 D14
'55 & '59 Ford 850 & 861
Ferguson TO 35 Deluxe, Oliver 70 and 5 more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic