This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 with bale loader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 with bale loader
    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:25pm

Does anyone know where this went? $1250  Sold today and I missed the auction. Would be a perfect fit in my collection!!
WD45, '62 D17 Diesel, '65 190XTD, '74 7030, 1958 Roto-Baler
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:04am
Shocked I found one of those in a ditch, behind a couple junked All Crop combines. I saved it and sold it as it was to a collector for 1/10  that price, but it needed some tin work and new chain, and had everything froze up. It was also lacking parts of the drive and I wasn't sure what the mounts with it were for.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:28am
I guess I read that wrong. If the sale included the tractor, that was a good buy. I was thinking just the bale loader Wink
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
ebowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:15am
From the way I saw it, it was tractor and bale loader. Loader had been set up with a hydraulic pump and flow valve. Looked like a steal to me. Missed it by couple hours:(
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:00pm
Not sure why someone would spend the time to change this to a hydraulic system when the factory set up worked so nice. 
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:14pm
Put a bale kicker at the top, and you'd be all set!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by ebowman ebowman wrote:

Does anyone know where this went? $1250  Sold today and I missed the auction. Would be a perfect fit in my collection!!
Consider yourself lucky that you missed out on a McScrewU auctionWink

Edited by PaulB - 26 Mar 2020 at 8:12pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:51pm
This tractor and loader  was Sold at a Auction last fall in Lancaster County .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 4:32pm
Back in the early 1960's dad was down In the back. He bought 1 and we mounted it on the WD 45. We boys rode the rack. About 3 years ago it was stollen from the farm. The worked fine. 1 exception, there was a set screw on the PTO shaft that would not stay tight. You would have to stop in the middle of a load and tighten it. One day unknown to dad, I drove it the 1 3/4 mile to the blacksmith shop and had that darn little screw spot welded. I don't think dad ever knew.   
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 6:57pm
Actually I think it failed to meet the reserve. I bid 1250
ebowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:56am
Wow....one can figure anything out here!!!

1)  McGrew Auctions aka McScrew..... sounds like there is history there!!

2) I was lucky..... that doesn't happen very often

3) dr p had the winning bid that didn't meet a reserve, so now he has a story about McScrew Auctions

Sorry to hear you didn't get it bought, from the sounds of it consider yourself lucky!! I thought $1250 was a good buy. Better luck for both of us next time..
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:39am
One thing for sure just call the # behind it and see what it takes to buy it .

dr p  u should call them and ask .I did .

Edited by Fred in Pa - 26 Mar 2020 at 7:51am
nonetheless ,still dead.
JK in Pa View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:35am
Fred, they are not very far from you, are they?  I was “advised” about them years ago!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:21pm
Yes its 15 miles ,only ever been at one auction .
nonetheless ,still dead.
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:58pm
Fred and Paul are correct.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 6:22am
Yeah, I tried to contact them about the reserve price and they never got back to me. Then I spoke to a bunch of friends who said you NEVER want to do business with McGraw so I never pushed it. I have a c with a bale loader but it has a hard time with a full wagon
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:22am
I called down and ask about ,guy said let me check ,he got back n said it was Sold ,I ask if it Sold on auction the guy said  yes.
nonetheless ,still dead.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:26am
Watch for it to return again to an auction near you. That how those tractor jockeys roll. It may not be a a McScrewU  auction but at one of his buddies.  When I was still going to auctions (before the buyers penalty) I saw the same tractor at about a dozen different auctions. Each time it had a new story before the bidding. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
ebowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:31pm
So dr p bought it..... wait ......He had the winning bid but didn't get it, but it sold!!

I am confused but I get it. Kinda like a car that hasn't been titled for a year but is a one owner and been to 3 different car lots

Just think how cheap things could be if everyone involved didn't make a profit

This site has all the information!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic