This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement Lights
    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 6:19pm
So... my 6140 had no lights. The original hood disappeared long before I bought it (I know, I've told this story before) and the grandson inherited the tractor and did a nice job fabbing up a new hood, but the front is all extruded steel and no place for head lights.
The wiring - front and rear - is all there. Recently I bought a set of used lights online, but - meh, I got what I paid for. Obviously all of the bulbs are bad but not a problem, I expected that. The flasher for the rear (only one, not two) - IMASEN 1121-272 - has cracked lenses, I'm disinclined to use it but at least I know what the original was. Same for the rear work light, IMASEN 05303. The head lights - well, I think I can make them work with just replacing the bulbs.
My questions:
- The "grill," such as it is, on the front... I plan on cutting the extruded steel appropriately for the head lights and securing them in sheet metal I'll fab up, but I do not think they'll be grounded well enough. Should I plan on running a ground wire to them? Or, what recommendations for complete replacement of those head lights?
- Also, what recommendations for replacements for the flasher(s) and the rear work light?
I found the AGCO numbers, haven't called Sandy Lake or others yet for availability, and am looking online for suitable replacements. Just wondering what I should be looking for and what I'll need to do to have lights on this thing for once.

Thanks in advance!
- Tim
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic