This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TSC score

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSC score
    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 8:46am
Wife ran out of suet for the woodpeckers so I headed for Tractor Supply, ventured back to the discount tractor isle and picked up a glass sediment bowl with gasket for 2.99.  Of course by the time I wandered around getting to the register I spent my savings on other crap I didn't need.
Maximum use of available resources!
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 9:14am
Hope you got the suet... ... sometimes self control is not as good as ... ...

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

Wife ran out of suet for the woodpeckers so I headed for Tractor Supply, ventured back to the discount tractor isle and picked up a glass sediment bowl with gasket for 2.99.  Of course by the time I wandered around getting to the register I spent my savings on other crap I didn't need.

You don't ever want to go to Rural King just to get suet, especially if she keeps track of the books!Big smile
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 7:33pm
I WANT a Rural King around here, but ,,,,,,,,,  So I guess you're saying this way it's saving me money JW?
They have so much that is so cheap (blue jeans comes to mind) but the shipping is outrageous!!!  Luckily I have an 'in' with someone (I won't tell em it's you Ray) from Michigan who brings me stuff occasionally.
I don't care, I WANT one around here!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 8:10pm
Closest Rural King to me is 280+ miles but I haven't been by since it opened.  I drove from where I was staying in DC to Front Royal, VA to experience my first one.  Like you said Ted, bought the boy a pair of 44X32 jeans for $9.  I did stop at the Orscheln's in Manhattan, KS lately that was set up just like RK, guns in the back, toys in the front, feed on the side etc.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:52am
We have a rural king 35 miles from me and a store that was called Big R 10 miles away but the owners just sold out to a company called Stock and Field.  I used to buy great blue jeans there on sale for 8.99 a pair.  Waiting for them to go on sale so I can stock up again.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 2:11am
I was in Rural King about a month ago.  I noticed the $8.99 jeans are now $9.99!  BUT,  the popcorn is still free!  I really like their selection of nuts and bolts. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:10am
Had to chuckle at the letter received from TSC a few months back as they advised because I would not sign up for the "neighbors rewards club", I would no longer receive the year-end hard copy statement with pie chart showing my purchases by category, nor be mailed the coupon for my yearly hat (Cry).
Anything to get your e-mail.
Local store caters mostly to pet supplies and their pricing is high.
One thing I do is check the "close-out" section and you need to ask where it is because it is moved around the store.
If the computer says something is not selling, they stop bringing those items in and stick them on the close-out section for maybe 10% off initially.
10% off something they had priced high but if you watch it, they will start knocking the price down or you can ask an "associate" what they can do on price.
Surprised to find 3-pt. lift arms nearly identical to OEM arms on my D12 and paid 20.00 each for those a few years ago.
TSC does like most others, model close-outs from major manufacturers mixed with junk from China. Add some vet supplies, cattle/horse/goat/rabbit feeds and dog/cat food, then the overpriced clothing/shoes.
And don't forget all those high priced single axle trailers and light duty 3-pt. implements in the parking lot.
"For Life Out There" . . . .
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:46pm
TSC has went to crap on quality and through the ceiling on prices. I predict they'll be closing many of them up soon.
I tried a pair of under $10 jeans from Big R and Rural King. Will keep getting them from Walmart for around $14. The pair from Big R had the pockets designed so tight at the top I could barely get my hand in and then try to get it out again with the truck key. I almost had to drop my pants in the parking lot and forget about it if your setting down. The RK's were so thin they tore out by a rear pocket on the second wearing.
I stop for the free popcorn!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 1:48pm
Around here most TSC stores must hire kids/adults off the farm. They are knowledgable about their products, sell quality products, and take the time to actually show you where they are located in the store. I dont think I have ever had any friendlier service than the 2 stores within 25 miles of home.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 3:01pm
I use Big r or Stock and Field now as they call it True Blue jeans and have been very happy with them.  I can get 3 or 4 pairs for price of a name brand jean.  Our TSC is way overpriced in Kankakee and you have to pay 2% more sales tax because of the mayor so I just avoid them.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 6:59pm
Aside from his popcorn machine I'm boycotting the King until he starts carrying muzzle loading supplies.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:09pm
I have another what used to be called Farm Supply store within 6 miles but they have less and less farm supplies, more horse feathers, zero turn mowers, and yuppie stuff and changed their name.  I saw a typical customer buy an $800 chicken coop and load it in the back of his pickup.  On my way home later I saw the same truck sitting off the road, the chicken coop was reduced to splinters on the highway, no straps in sight.  They're just going where the money is, same with sporting goods stores, there's a lot of money in jersey's and less headaches than firearms.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 12:22pm
Fleet Farm Stores here are usually better than TSC for most things but they now have went to groceries , and more other stuff for the yuppie group though they do still carry a decient supply of auto and feeds also . 
 Thing is they do not order as often to replace stock - needed a belt for mower last fall - 1 in stock - asked when they would be getting more - said computer showed 4 on shelf so would not order till those were sold - when i said I bought the last one - NOPE computer showed we had 5 , you bought 1 so still 4 there - manager went and looked - came back and said your right computer is wrong - 3 weeks till stock comes in 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 11:11pm
I must say I'm pretty satisfied with the TSC about 5 miles from me.  Went in for something and noticed a bush hog wheel in the reduced rack.  Had the wheel on my mower go bad last summer and was looking a getting a new one but didn't want to pay nearly $100 for one. They had it for $35.  Guess they didn't sell very fast at that store.  I've been buying hydraulic oil there, the premium stuff, for around $40. for 5 gallons. Cheaper then anywhere for the same quality.  Also been getting pellets for my stove for under $5, a bag.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic