This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pickup dilemma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:54am
Jay, different states have different taxes... Some states charge high for your HOUSE... some charge more for LAND... some charge for CARS, TRUCKS, BOATS... etc.. Depends on how the state gets its income.

In Illinois you pay a tax on the value of a truck when you BUY it... Then you get a $100 liscence and need insurance each year.

In Kansas and so others, you pay about $1000. EVERY YEAR for the value of your truck ( assume about $60K)... then you need to get insurance also.

In some states you live in a apartment and don't have a car... They STILL WANT YOUR MONEY, so they have to have different kind of taxes.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:11am
Originally posted by fixer1958 fixer1958 wrote:

That's the reason I bought an 02 Chevy 3/4 that is rust free. Took me a year to find one.
Property tax, sales tax, tax taxes, rust free tax etc. Still got tags for $800.
Full coverage insurance is $40 for 3 months.
$40 for three months of full coverage?!

That would cost over $125 PER MONTH here!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:36am
Had a weekend place in MO for several years.
Every year they would send me a form to fill out and list everything
they could tax, livestock including fowl, boat trailers, anything with wheels or an engine and you could eat it except your dog or cat, everything....
Don't fill it out and they would charge you for that too.
Not sure if it was an out of state thing or not.
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 4:17pm
that's why we trade. need a good travelin vehicle. car companies force you to. gotta 2020 pacifica with full factory 6 years 60,000 mile warranty. no interest loan. ggod to go.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 4:37pm
Figuring if you go new a vehicle would be around $50,000 to replace what you have .
My 2000 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD - I just replaced all the fuel lines on , brake lines about 2 years back , just repaired front differential bearings and now replacing the transfer case . 
Figure to replace that truck would be around $55,000 or so and figure even at couple thousand to keep it running is still cheaper than new - just put tires on it also another $550 - but with 96,000 it might run a few more years . 
 Then figuring I just replaced 3 injectors on it and a coil pack last year still cheaper than new . 
 If it gives up any more to rust - I have a 82 Chev out back that will have a 6.0 engine in it along with 4WD drive from a 77 Chev 4WD running gear frame that i saved also 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 7:16pm
Cheapest truck you will ever own is the one you are driving right now. I have an old one. 26 years old in about six more months. I would not even blink an eye to drop a new crate engine in it tomorrow if needed. Fix it.

Edited by Stan IL&TN - 24 Dec 2019 at 7:17pm
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 1:40pm
Browsing for good stroker kits now. Thanks for all the input fellas
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 2:37pm
Get yourself a 2002 - 7.3 you will never be sorry. I have 2001, bought in 2003 2 wheel drive. I haul skid steers all over the country, have 22' gooseneck and I haul 2 - wd45s one gas and one diesel to tractor pulls and shows from Minnesota down to Kansas and to Iowa. I am going on to 270 thousand miles. the only large repair was a transmission overhaul early on after I bought it. other than that it has only been tires and batteries. O ya I had to fix the radio volume control.
buying a ready to go truck will give you a lot, a lot of free time to do other fun things.
                 Wish you luck, and Merry Christmas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic