This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just finished

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just finished
    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 6:24pm
my Christmas cooking for this year. Ten smoked boston butts and four gallons of brunswick stew. Everything distributed and now I can sit down and relax for a while. Decided to do it a few days early so I could enjoy a few days of Christmas with my bride. I like to browse through the stores on Christmas eve and watch people rushing around to get that last minute chit done. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone on the Forum! Hope this is a blessed time for all of you.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 6:58pm

dang, dang, dang,,,,,ten, TEN,,smoked Boston Butts and a whole barrel of Brunswick Stew,,,,,,,!!!   HMMMmm,,,lets just see how far it is to Jackson County , Georgia,,,I'M IN,,,!!!!Clap,Hold off settin the table til I get there,,,,,ClapClap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 7:11pm

Our Youngest Son,,Jaime, made some tamales off an internet recipe 3 weeks ago that were pretty good,,,,Not near as good as his Mother used to make em,,but fair,,. His Mother has agreed to help him make the red chili and the masa for him tamarrow. The wife learned from MY Mother bout 40 years ago but had not made any tamales since she started havin all her health issues several years ago. All our 5 boys are pretty fair cooks and since we didn't have any girls,,,the wife don't ever get to pass along any of her favorite recipes.. Be good to see her out of bed and doing something besides watchin TV all day long,,,,Clap
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:30pm
Joe, getting up and doing some cooking for him will do wonders for your bride. Gives her something purposeful to do and once she realizes she can still do things hopefully she will want to do even more.

I got to keep one butt and 2 quarts of stew. I need to build me an outdoor kitchen like ole Shameless has so I can get serious about my cooking. I may try to make some bbq hash sometime in the near future.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 8:39am

Well,,You know,,Hubert,,,ole Shameless might of just discovered a new trend here,,,,ClapClap
 If the weather don't want to cooperate with your cookin,,,,then By Golly,,,,keep the weather out,,!! An outdoor kitchen lets you do your smokin and grillin outside without the wife complainin bout "All That Dang Smoke" in the house,,,!!!!Clap Just a couple of weeks ago,,I followed an Internet recipe for Smoked Pork Belly Chunks,,,but I had to throw together a makeshift "cover" with a couple of old doors, 3 pieces of sheet metal and one piece of plywood to keep the friggin rain and wind off my groceries,,,,LOL Looked plumb Hillbilly,,but that is who I AM,,!!LOLLOL
 I have several good sized pieces of the roofing metal sheets  I stole,,,er,, I meant,,bought at a ridiculous price. I don't think I will go whole Hog like ole Shameless did,,,but I'm gonna make it Comfortable and DRY in there for the next big cook. That smoker/grill I won some years back is just TOO dang big to move around and it sure is a great smoker,,,Clap
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 12:46pm
what part of Boston do them butts come from?

you know why they call it butt?  cause ass wouldn't sell very good!!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 2:11pm
Don't know bout that, have heard among friends a good piece of A is HIGH Dollar!!!!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 5:11pm
Well Hubert.....You smoked 10 boston butts and 4 gallons of something I never heard of and you are talking about really getting serious about it with a new setup.
Alright then.

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 7:23pm
Yes curious on the stew recipe,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 8:45pm
Fixer, google brunswick stew and see what comes up. Brunswick stew is a southern thing and has many variations depending on what area of the southeast you are in. Mine is pork, chicken, cream style corn, tomatoes and the required seasonings and has been handed down through several generations. I have seen it made with onions and/or irish potatoes and/or butter beans in it or at least they called it brunswick stew. I have even had some that I thought was pretty good vegetable soup.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 8:51pm
Doug, shoot me an email and I will give you a run down on the recipe I use. It is a family secret but I think I can get away with sharing. After all the Forum is family.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic