This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kawasaki engines links,,?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kawasaki engines links,,?
    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 10:34pm
  OK,,so,,I been scourin the net for the longest and ain't fount what I'm lookin for,,,I KNOW ole JC, and Chask are the resident experts on finding them links that get you right to what you are lookin for,,,,
 My small 800 watt generator don't want to start after settin for 2-3 years inside the garage.  The spark is erratic at best so I been lookin for a replacement coil but no friggin luck yet. I did clean the flywheel and coil contacts and will sometimes fire but not regular. The generator is an AG-Tronics model PM800 with a Kawasaki engine model KF76-F and Spec number 314577A. Any help out there??,,,,and,,,and,,don't tell me to throw it away and buy another,,,,,LOL
Sponsored Links

Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 10:50pm
dose it look like this

B:-)     Dnoym
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:00am
that the one you got from the dump?
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:12am
Did yoou try this in Mt. Google?  I see some stuff that may help.

AG-Tronics model PM800 with Kawasaki engine model KF76-F no spark
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 5:24am
Joe you Know how to stump me lately. I'm not finding much of anything from your info. But I found this:

AG-Tronic / Powermate Generators

Apparently there are a lot of the old AG-Tronic gensets out there but the AG-Tronic company doesn't exist anymore. The AG-Tronic and Powermate generators are now supported by PRAMAC America, LLC, and parts for most of the AG-Tronic and Powermate generators are available from them.

They can be reached at either http://www.powermate.com/ or https://www.pramac.com/ and you can download manuals and parts lists for just about all of their units.

Might have to do some calling ?

Surprised nothing come up for leads on the KF76-F
I'll bet they used that coil in a lot of motors.

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 6:24am

Hey Dnoym,,,that pic is what most of the coils look like but the one for this engine is different,,you see where the bolt holes are kinda centered or square to the contact faces,,? well,,the bolt holes on this  one are offset. I've looked at a whole bunch of them but no dice yet. Thanks,,Clap
 Naw,,Shameless,,,I did not get this one at the dump I've had this one forever and has been a dang good generator for the longest,,,,Wait a minute,,,,,maybe,,,maybe on second thought,,,,,maybe,,,,I did get it at the dumpLOL

Hey John,,,I'm a tad slow this AM,,,what is MT Google,,?? You know your avatar is kinda mesmerizin,,,,I keep thinkin them yummies is gonna pop out some day,,,,,,,Wink But I don't like em THAT big,,,,,,Winkcause in later years they is gonna go,,,UMMm,,,never mind,,,,

Yeah,,Chask I checked out the Pramac site but they DO Not support any of the older AG-Tronic stuff , just their newer stuff,,,

Sure wisht my friggin phone would co-operate and let me transfer pics to my PC so I can post em here,,,,,GRRrrrrr
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 6:49am
I tried the Kawasaki engine site and it was a no go on that engine # also.
They have a contact us page that you could ask them directly for info or help.

I'll keep pokin around.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 7:17am
Found a parts manual for some KF series motors

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:06am
Here's a couple more KF engine parts manuals for downloading. At the end of the line that says [ Parts Catalogues (Please ensure correct specification) ]  click the +, then click the download button that comes up.   Must be a Your A Peon thing.

I'll keep pokin around.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey John,,,I'm a tad slow this AM,,,what is MT Google,,?? You know your avatar is kinda mesmerizin,,,,I keep thinkin them yummies is gonna pop out some day,,,,,,,Wink But I don't like em THAT big,,,,,,Winkcause in later years they is gonna go,,,UMMm,,,never mind,,,,

Sorry Joe I meant Mr. Google.  That's how I refer to Google!

I should probably call it Mrs. Google cause she sure spends my money!!LOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 4:17am

Well,,I'ma try this one more time,,,I been finaglin with Win10 on transferrin pics but ,,,,aw chit it did not resize,,,!!!!WTF,,??
 well,,at least you can see what the friggin coil looks like,,,,,WinkWink
 Strange lookin one huh,,???

Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:39am
Joe, I found something interesting bout them coils.  This won't solve your search,   but.

The coil on my opposed twin brigs went south - think Briggs called it a Magnatron or some other ignorant word.  Anyway, I thrashed through a bunch of part numbers and ordered one off ebay.  i opened the package and looked at the thing and thought what the hey.  There was a note in the package that indicated i should relax, cus that thing will work just fine.

So i stuck that different looking one on and the thing scared me it popped off so fast and has been running ever since - but that has only been a yer.  Confused
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 10:26am

Found this but its for a FA210D HS05 & FA210D-258X Kawi. I found some old parts books and coils that looked like yours in their diagram drawings. The part#'s were 315470-8123A, and one had this part# 21171-2120. I think your motor is no longer made a long time ago and numbers have been superseded. Contacting a Authorized Kawasaki place my be able to cross reference this for you. Maybe this would still work, but no returns. Could not find anything for the other part#.

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 10:39am
the coil probly is not bad i think that engine has a small ignition control modal or can be added use part #33-053 oregon part about 20 bucks great little product ihave sent this out on many kawasaki engines of all sizes 
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 11:21am
Would beat the snot out of $85 for a coil that might not work or be needed. Thumbs Up

Edited by chaskaduo - 18 Dec 2019 at 11:21am
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 12:22pm
Joe, Looks like Chask and HudCo done you good finding all the pertinent info...
 And them coils do look almost identical... the center lug looks longer on yours though... might be able to file slots for adjustments if that's the case.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Would beat the snot out of $85 for a coil that might not work or be needed. Thumbs Up

Well,,Chask,,I knew either you or ole JC was gonna find what I ain't been able to get fount,,,,, That sure does look like the one I need but,,,but now after seein the hellacious price for thet little bitty coil,,,I may just box it all up and send it to ole Shameless,,se if he can use it for parts,,,,LOL

BUT,,,,,WAIT,!!!,,,I'm likin what ole Hudco is talkin bout ,,,Clap
 Hey hud,,,does this thing take the place of the coil or ,,??
 Tell Me more,,Guy,,,tell me more,,,,Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 8:48am
I believe it takes the place of the points & condenser, still needs a coil.

Edited by chaskaduo - 19 Dec 2019 at 8:58am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:26am

Well,,,I'm thankin ole Hudco for his input but am still tryin to decide HOW and Where you install the electronic chingas,,,,Wink
 I went ahead and pulled the flywheel and CHIT-FIRE if it didn't crack when I hooked the pullers of it,,,!!!,   No preblemo as I done great when weldin the big old hole in the block of the little ferguson,,,,!!!Wink The reason why this little engine dod not have a constant spark is the loins were complete covered with,,,,OIL,,,!!  But where did all the oil come from,,??   The Crank shaft seal looked good and had not been leakin from there,,,???? I'ma gonna clean all the oil this mornin,,,then weld up the flywheel and give it another GO,,!! Hopin it will fire up,,,,!!!ClapClap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:30am
Installing points eliminator
[TUBE]t3RI05TUSVs[/TUBE]

An idea on your coil if it is the windings in the coil broken down

Edited by chaskaduo - 20 Dec 2019 at 8:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic