This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

plowing drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: plowing drive
    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 5:03pm
i fight this problem every winter. first few snows ground not frozen and i end up digging into my pea rock driveway and grass. any ideas? some kind of different edge on my bucket? change driveway materials? Let Me know, thanks.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Sponsored Links

ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 5:25pm
     Add some runners or wheels behind to limit the depth.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:02pm
How long a drive?

Do you have a back blade?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:35pm
Take a piece of 2 or 3" iron water pipe, cut a slot as wide as your bucket's cutting edge.  Slide the pipe on the bucket's cutting edge, and secure the ends to the sides of bucket, with some chains and bolts, or a chain and tightener around the back side of the bucket.

Pipe will not dig in, like a cutting edge...Wink

Along the same lines as this picture...

Edited by DiyDave - 28 Nov 2019 at 6:37pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:36pm
runners or wheels where on the bucket? short drive roundabout shaped like an almond.
LOADER
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:50pm
cool, great idea! thanks
LOADER
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 10:58pm
Just tip the bucket back a little so the cutting edge isn't on the ground. Or do like I do. Just drive on it for a couple days til it gets packed down a little.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 7:22am
I use the pipe that Diy Dave suggested on my 10' blade on the front of my 7060. Works real well as otherwise on non frozen driveways and yards it turns into a bulldozer real quick! I used 4" pipe as the blade is heavy.
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:18am
truckerfarmer, trip bucket no cylinders on it. would just drive over it but windy here and drifts 2-3 feet high. gonna work on that pipe idea.
LOADER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic