This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite side dish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite side dish
    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 11:49am
My sister makes some candied sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top that are to die for . Better not be in the back of the line as they go quick . Might have to shove some kid out of they way .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 11:55am

Hey Pat,,,you just got to get her recipe for them sweet taters,,,altho,,I'm the only'ist one that eats them here during the holidays,,,I will bring home a nice big one every so often,,,,Clap  Just don't understand some people not likin em,,,,
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:20pm
Those candied sweet taters with marshmallows are DELICIOUS! Haven't had any since my Mom passed away 23 years ago. Another favorite of mine is cream style corn, and green bean casserole, and squash casserole, and dressing with giblet gravy,,,,,,,,,,,heck, ain't much in the way of food that I don't like.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:23pm
You all are making my mouth water, that and some sweetened boiled turnips are on our menu!!

Edited by DMiller - 27 Nov 2019 at 12:24pm
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 2:04pm
Yep candied sweet potatoes are in every diabetics dreams.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 4:35pm
This will work real good you can have my share of the sweet potatoes casserole,and the cranberries. Most of the rest are really good .

Been a lot of talk locally about macaroni and cheese as being a Thanksgiving side. How many of you have this as part of your regular spread.

Not really a Thanksgiving thing but for special meals my sister make Jello with sherbet mixed in. Generally orange seems to be the favorite flavor.

Edited by Ray54 - 27 Nov 2019 at 4:40pm
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 4:49pm
Green bean casserole.  Pumpkin pie with heaps of whipped cream.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 5:20pm
I second that John and deviled eggs with horse radish and yellow mustard! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO Ya"ll.

Edited by trace - 27 Nov 2019 at 5:21pm
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 6:05pm
I never did take much of a liking for sweet potatoes. For me, it's turkey, mashed spuds, stuffing and the whole works smothered in gravy. Then do the whole gig a second time and call that dessert. darrel
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:38pm
anything that's there is mine!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:05pm
My favorite side dish is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  the turkey!!  I'd rather eat EVERYTHING else!!  You can ALWAYS eat dead bird.  Specially the dumb ones.....
The best is the stuffing and then the dressing!!  Smothered in gravy!!  I never think to make it any other time....  I should start doing that instead of mashed spuds....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:12pm
Rutabaga for me!!!
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic