This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

winter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winter
    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:56pm
guys must be busy, not much posting, looking forward to 49 on sat after 2" of the white stuff last night and 3 degrees this morning. remodeling kitchen with all new appliances, paint and flooring. bought a new chrysler pacific for our travelin car end of last month. 60 months no interest. colorado here we come soon. not looking forward to this winter but will be the 13th since we moved to the country. guess the peace and quiet makes up for it and being retired won't have to rush to dig out. will just make some b&g and look out on the beautiful scenary. lol.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Sponsored Links

TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:07pm
My Uncle Howard, when I was a little boy and he'd visit during Holidays:
"Winter is like a beautiful but cold-hearted woman...lovely to look at, but I want nothing to do with her. Send me the postcard!"
He died about 30 years ago at the ripe old age of 94. I still think of him saying that every time it gets to be that/this season.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:43pm
I`m ready for spring!
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:54pm
Summer is just getting going in the southern hemisphere lol!!!
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 6:56pm
Out here, the sugar farmers are screwed- it's warm now, but we had a cold snap down to about 0 for a couple days. Neighbor only has maybe 1/3 of his dug, and that's about all he'll get out this year.

As for us, the on-off rain and snow we've had for the last 6 weeks has put us behind on making straw big time. We're going to have a lot to bale in March. I just hope we have enough to not run out of stuff to sell in the Winter
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:10pm
Once I get the new skids on the snowblower and get it on the tractor I'll be all ready for the snow.  Then It can do whatever it wants, and I can just sit in the house and enjoy the scenery.  I do enjoy having all of the snow moved before all the neighbors come home from work and have to start theirs!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 1:20pm
Here I thought John was going to say he enjoyed have all the snow moved for the neighbor's before they got home from work
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 4:46pm
I thought he was going to say that he could watch the ladies, well, um... "bounce."
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Here I thought John was going to say he enjoyed have all the snow moved for the neighbor's before they got home from work

Ha Ha!  I do move one neighbors snow Jan and Feb while they snowbird to FL.  But if any of them need help, I'm available!  It's nice and warm in the cab and I have fun!Big smile

And the lady bounces to pack the snow for snowmen!LOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:49pm
I gotta put the snow blade on old red. Gotta put some bedding in the barn for her filthy old goats tomorrow then take the forks off and put the bucket back on the skid loader. Summer sure flew by. Now that I am feeling better I guess its gonna get cold. I'm gonna put winter feed on the bees tomorrow. That will take a couple of hours and be a sticky mess. Oh well I've been sticky all week extracting Honey. Finally finished up about an hour ago. Sure glad to get that done. Its been a long month. Sunday I am going to see my 107 year old friend. She was the wife of my pal and mentor when I got out of the Army clear back in 1973.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:03pm
Yeah, ole Shamers gave us 5+ inches of that pretty around here and now it's COLD!!
ALL you guys out there, but especially us older than dirt ones, TAKE IT SLOW and easy, don't want to hear of any heart attacks or anything like that.  And especially don't want to hear about somebody sticking their fingers or arms in an auger!!!

BE SAFE this winter.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic