This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roast chicken

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roast chicken
    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 8:42pm
Tyler, how are those broilers holding up in this heat? Twenty degrees above normal this week and it hit 102 here today. Guess if they don't have a calendar and you won't let them watch tv they think it is still July or August and everything is normal. I will be glad to see cooler temps next week and some RAIN!
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 10:00pm
Lucky for me we're out of birds until next Thursday and Friday. It's been smoking hot around here and strangely still in the afternoon. I thought the wind blew all the time on this hill but for the last few days it seems like right after lunch the wind dies off and it's just hot. Supposed to cool off to around 79 on Saturday. Hope they're right. Neighbor man was saying he expects some pretty strong storms when it cools down. Says the atmosphere can't handle a change that drastic. I guess we'll see
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 11:02pm
and we is wearing coats up here!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:44am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

and we is wearing coats up here!

I'm a little jealous. Supposed to be 95 here today. Very odd to be this hot this late. It's not usually out of the low 80's

Edited by thendrix - 04 Oct 2019 at 5:44am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:57am
Hubert and Tyler we got the cool front yesterday. High mid 80’s and today high 70’s. I hope y’all get this cool spell soon. We’ve been 25 above normal for several weeks. This is a blessing
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 11:39am
Wink Carefull some woo la gun LOL has been testing pretty making. Was a low humity 100 here 10 days ago and I been feeling cold ever since. Confused But with that sticky heat I understand the Angry about it. Been just on the verg of freezing,the tomatos are still fine been just a bit of frost the roof. I guess that is the down side of low humity,the bigger swings in tempertures. But the older I get the more the bones don't like the cold.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 11:51am

Well,,,we was also in the jackets yesterday all day,,,the high was 72° with bout a 15 MPH breeze,,,didn't take long to go get a light jacket,,,,Susspossed to be in the low to mid 80's today and tamarrow,,,but,,,but I'm likin these temps lots better than them high 90's we been gettin,,,ClapClap
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 12:05pm
95 here with a feels like temp of 100 . Should be 20 degrees cooler Sat , hope so . I'm out in my shop with the a/c pumping .
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 2:53pm
This week started out hot but today is bobbing around between 58 and 62 then warming higher into the 60s tomorrow the 70s on Sunday
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 4:27pm
52 when woke up this morning windows standing WIDE open, wife stole the covers and SHE is ALWAYS HOT. Never cleared 70 here, temps stayed around 68/69 until about a hour ago and headed south again. Worked fence this morning WAS GREAT!!!!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 4:49pm
We'll I have to apologize to Hubert and JoeM. Sorry fellas but I guarantee there won't be any rain for several more weeks. I spread 4 loads of litter on a neighbor's pasture today and the best thing for that is a slow steady rain to soak it in. Then again it was a neighbor's and not mine so it'll probably rain just like it's supposed to
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 1:03pm
We had 38 this morning head for a high of 69, then it's suppose to rain Sunday & Monday then settle dow into the high 60s to low 70s
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 2:14am
sposed to freeze here next weekend, maybe i'll do another test?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic