This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap coupler subsoiler measurements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap coupler subsoiler measurements
    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:21pm
I am going to try and copy a snap coupler subsoiler. The hitch in my giddyup is I do not have one to copy.

Found this image, it looks the easiest to reproduce. Looks like a snap coupler eye, two straight main beams going back, a large shank going down, and a (maybe) replaceable point?

So I drew it up how I think it is built. If someone has one of these, and can fill in all the measurements, I'd sure appreciate it. I put letters in all the blanks for keeping stuff straight.

I have the snap coupler eye already. It is 3/4" thick. So, my guess is the main shank is probably 3/4" thick as well?

A, B, and C are the two main beams

D, E, and F are for the shank

and G, H, and I are for the point.

By lift links, I just mean the two rods that go up to the snap coupler latches on the lift arms.

Found another picture, and this caught my eye. Is the angle of the shank supposed to be adjustable? Sure looks like you can take that the bolt out, remove the block off the top, swing the shank back, and then bolt it in the hole in the beam?? I'm assuming its adjustable for "suck" so to speak?

Also, the way its set up in the picture, is the shank able to fold up in reverse, so you can back out of trouble? Or am I over thinking it?

Looks pretty simple, if I can just find the raw materials. If someone has one laying about and can take a few minutes to measure everything up, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by littlemarv - 09 Sep 2019 at 9:23pm
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:03am
Littleamarv, that looks like a No. 3 subsooiler. I have a No. 4 and a WD pin-hitch model but can't help with the No.3. Here is a pic of the No.4. Will get you measurments off this one if you like.

littlemarv View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:47am
If you have the time to take some measurements, I'd sure appreciate it.
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Dave (Mid-MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (Mid-MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:01pm
I have a number 3 that is a later model with the curved frame like the number 4. You will have to remove your PTO shaft with the straight beams. Will try to get some dimensions today.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic