This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You guys that use Firefox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You guys that use Firefox
    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:06am
My Firefox updated and wiped out all my favorites, gone, no retrieval, no history.  This is the second time it happened and i thought I got a bug so I ran malware and others to clean up the system.  Then I find out from others that Firefox does that when it updates. Is there a setting somewhere I missed that prevents this?
Maximum use of available resources!
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:41am
I’ve used Firefox ever since it was developed, never lost anything to an update, I run it on my Mac, iPad, and phone
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
     Mine just updated Friday and Never lost anything.

John Carlson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
 Hey JW,,,in these days of "Lost Emails" ,,,nothin is ever really "lost",,,Say,,!!you know anybody in Russia,,,??   
  Chit that didn't sound too good to a man sufferin from lost-itus,,,  Anyway,,I bet if you contact Firefox directly,,they can help you ,,,,unless maybe your settings was toggled to do so beforehand,,,,????
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:06am
I've used FFox for years and have NEVER lost anything. I also use Thunderbird for emails, same thing. Tbird is easy,like the old Outlook Express was and FAR easier to understand than Gmail !!!
You can setup both to download the latest version and NOT install. I do that as I like to check out 'what's new' and more importantly the 'system requirements' I do NOT install new Tbirds though as the new version doesn't like the addons I have.

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:19am
Hey Joe, I just checked the Russian report, my emails weren't in there but somebody else's were. . . . . .
Good suggestion about going to Firefox, found out through a search that Firefox suggested my browser was running slow and in one click it could speed things up and that wipes out history and bookmarks, but, it saves them to an archive folder on my desktop.  I found that but haven't gotten the right combination entered to re-install it yet.
Thanks
Maximum use of available resources!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:36am
  Sure thing JW and just for that I'm,,,,Hey wait a minute,,,!!!!!   them emails them Roooskies had,,,they weren't ,,,,they weren't UMMmmm,,,signed or anything was they,,,???,,,,I an't worried they was mine,,,I'm just thinkin ole Shameless and ole JC might be tradin girlie sites ,,,OH Chit,,,I'm outa here,,,,Wink
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:40am
I've never lost anything with a Firefox update. Do you have Firefox Sync set up? All your stuff should be saved there, it's a cloud-based account that you sign into so you can share all your favorites and settings across different devices like your phone and computer without having to set up each one. I wouldn't do the one-click speed up, if anything you should just go to privacy and security options and set it to clear site data and history when you exit. Having a lot of history, cookies, junk files does slow it down a lot, if you want to go back to a website save it as a bookmark rather than in history.

Edited by Bill_MN - 24 Mar 2019 at 9:48am
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:29am
Decided to 'cleanup' Firefox , the 'cookies and site data' area. WOW.. I got rid of 100s of 'cookies'/ I sorted them by 'date', then got rid of everything over a month old. Much fater now.
Also, in 'history' you can delete a lot BUT be sure to UNCHECK the active logins and cookies otherwise you'll have to reenter banking and online passwords,etc..
Jay

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:49am
So far we never lost too much to FF The damn Microsoft updates is the ones that delete our stuff!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:54am
turn OFF all 'updates'....
you can do that....

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:49am
No matter which Browser your using - Try CC Cleaner to delete the garbage that is downloaded when you go online - It has settings of what you allow it to delete and what not to touch. 
 Been using it for couple years now in the FREE setting and sure dose clean a lot of things out you don't realize comes along with sites you might visit . 

CCleaner.com - Download now and clean up your PC! Home of the hugely popular CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva and Speccy.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:04pm
Firefox  changes the setting

go to open menu

go to options

go to home

New Windows and Tabs
Choose what you see when you open your homepage, new windows, and new tabs.

go to   Homepage and new windows

put in Firefox home (default)

go to New tabs

put in Firefox home (default)

then go give it a try

B:-)     Dnoym
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:55pm
I have Firefox set to show me when an update is available, NOT automatic updates. I have never lost anything with updates in the last 10 years or more.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:03pm
I don't trust anything or anyone enough anymore to save any cookies or logins. I sign into any website I need to every time. Deleting all your cookies even the new ones will speed up even more, and run CCleaner like Coke said....BTW never had trouble with a Windows update either

Edited by Bill_MN - 24 Mar 2019 at 8:05pm
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:24pm
I have Windows update every week on sunday night... doing that for 5 years... no problems.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:23am
I haven't updated FF for a LONG time.  It won't let me use the Add-Ons that I want, so I just don't update.  NO problems........as long as you have a GOOD anti-virus you don't have to worry.

Here ya go Buddy.....

Where are Firefox favorites saved?
Windows hides the AppData folder by default but you can find your profile folder as follows:
  1. Press [Windows] +R on the keyboard. A Run dialog will open.
  2. Type in: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
  3. Click OK. A window will open containing profile folders.
  4. Double-click the profile folder you wish to open.

Edited by Ted J - 26 Mar 2019 at 8:27am
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:46am
 Hey Ted,,,that right there is a great piece of info,,,,,ClapClapClap
Got it saved and printed and copied too,,,I don't use Firefox,,,I used to but is great info to have,,,Thanks,,,!!!Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic