This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have a delima

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have a delima
    Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:07pm
At a possible cross-roads.
Current employer is in the process of becoming a 'eyes-on-you constant' workplace.
Camera's everywhere, and I mean everywhere! Every light pole, every bldg corner, every hallway, door way, office, closet, storage room.All phone calls in and out are recorded.
Dispatch office has 14 huge flat screens with every screen is split 6 views on each.
All vehicles will have forward, and driver facing camera WITH AUDIO by end of this summer!!
I will have an oppertunity to change employers in a few weeks, doing the exact job as now, but for a much smaller company.
no camera's in trucks, go back to paper logs, no DEF trucks, nor re-gen, this company's newest truck is older than current company's oldest truck.
I will  more than likely take a hit of at least $5.00 per hr.
I will be bringing  over customer contacts and some sales info to new employer (if I switch). Drivers do not have a 'non-compete clause'
The potential to move into management at new place is far greater than current.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:25pm
$5. loss in wages is a small price to pay for not getting ulcers! (been there) and it's a sue,sue world now, along with if you went thru HS with any of the females you work with, they'll prolly claim sexual harrasement, ever ask him why? after everything is hooked up and operational, you won't be happy there within a few weeks time. won't be able to say hello to anyone, won't be able to smile, and won't be able to have a gruff face either! either way they can turn agaist you for something, and that usually allows them to get rid of you to hire a lesser paid person.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 4:22pm
Move on while you can.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 4:31pm
quick like a bunny, jump ship and  relax in you  new job.... !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 5:35pm
Wait till they put the cameras up, then paint them with groucho noses, glasses and mustaches!Wink
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 5:57pm
Nuke I worked at got on that game plan, cameras in halls, main aisle ways 'Sensitive' equipment regions and those areas the Bosses KNOW the workers are hiding out in. The fallout is no one wants to take operator bids, those that show up from out of state are taken aback and generally leave within a short time. Short timers are taking options to trade watch stations with newbies to get Outside the Fence until they can retire.

We used to be heavy hands on, actually get to work on machinery and keep things humming smooth, now if get caught with hands on anything and no procedure being step followed get in trouble to a discipline level, can even be fired for Doing Something you know is NOT out of scope of daily work. Not good any more, horrible place to actually be in these days.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:15pm
Lars, take the cut in pay and leave. The stress you are going to have if you stay will ruin your health. Cousin's husband left a company he had worked for for years when they put cameras in everything and went to work for a family owned equipment dealer. He has better working conditions, very little stress, and now is making as much as he was on his previous job. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:16pm
Smaller companies are getting stomped on and put out of business by the big ones. I think you will find that the best thing to do is ignore the cameras. Why does it bother you? You are not doing anything wrong!---Right,-- so ignore them and do your job! I never had any problems when I drove and they had this same stuff going on back then.
A lot of this was brought on by employees not doing their jobs, and that makes it bad for the rest of the bunch.
If you think that the other guy can stay afloat, then go for it! thanks; ac fleet
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:53pm
Worked for a major, 140+ yo company in the oilfield that was sold on installing them to save on insurance and legal fees. "All view" cameras with microphones. Blinking yellow light if you went 5 mph over speed limit and they worked as "live gps". Continued 5 mph over, or 6 mph over, period, and your manager was calling on your co. mobile, the one you are not to answer unless vehicle in park off the road (that one was monitored also).
Long term employees started dropping like flies but they justified the system because they had a complete video to show of an employee getting t-boned, started every sales meeting with that video.
They knew how I felt about it and I left the week before they were scheduled to install one in the 3/4 Hemi I drove that they leased.
When the oilfield went "mammarie's up" in 2015, buddy still there advised they pulled them immediately from every vehicle to save costs.
Co. I interviewed with a couple years back looked very promising, interview went well and they announced they wanted to make an offer via overnight delivery that I would receive the next day. That was a car allowance sales job and I had no issue with that as I have been on those before although most do not want you in a vehicle more than three years old.
As everyone was standing and shaking my hand, my "new boss" pulled a monitor out of his desk and passed it to me stating "you need to have this plugged into your vehicle the next time you come to the office".
I looked him in the eye and advised him no company, insurance or employer, would be installing their monitor into my personal vehicle.
Thank you for your time gentlemen, have a nice day, and I walked out.
I can see both sides but want nothing to do with the monitoring.
Still say the day is coming soon when the law can walk up to a wreck and scan the computer in your vehicle with a handheld for time stamping speed, braking and impact . . . . . .
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:54pm
I agree with above.  If you ain't doing nothing wrong then the cameras are not for you they are for someone else.  the watchers will get to the point where you will be invisible.  Whenever I go in a business I always look for and smile and wave at the cameras.  Depending on where the camera is in the truck, it might make for a convenient hat rack!  But, me being me, I would probably have a finger up my nose all day while driving!LOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:20pm
I have worked for companies in the past that had camera's facing the driver, yes after a few weeks you ignore them.
This company will have audio also, they will be able listen and look in on 'real time' we've been told.
The day will come fast, that you be will called in, asked 'who were you  talking to on your bluetooth? it sounded like 'company business', or your radio was too loud,  or, we don't want our employee's listening to Mark Levin/Michael Savage/Sean Hannity etc.
Already on the yard camera's I ( and others) have been called in and asked why did you talk to 'John Doe' on Tuesday morning for 10 min. by the wash bay doors? Or some such crap like that.
I want to be as productive as possible, get the day's job done as quick and safely as you can and go home.
I look forward to going home everyday before I even get to the  yard in the morning.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 10 Feb 2019 at 9:21pm
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:32pm
Tim...the "law" can do that now!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:26pm
In a few years there is going to be NO PLACE safe from prying eyes.  It's almost to that point now.
Did you know your TV set is watching you while you're watching it?  Is it REALLY turned off?  Computer watches you...car/truck is watching you.....
You're not safe anywhere.

If it was me Lars, I'd be outta there in a sec.  Life is too short and if you can't be happy at work, it becomes a job...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:06pm
security cameras are great in stores and such and catches thieves and lowlife, but monitoring everyone every friggen minute of the day like a driver in the truck... think that camera would get a big wad of grease on it's lense that was peering at me... any other camera looking forward backwards and viewing out the sides would be kept clean.  Sure wouldn't want to work for somebody so paranoid that they need cameras on the workers watching like a dam buzzard waitin for it's prey to die.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic