This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

superbowl chow...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:04pm
Pat....the old lady....ooops...I mean the loving wife wants yer meatball recipe
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:05pm
thanks Darrel, we gonna try yers!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:36pm
Great game because the Pats won!  Brady is the best quarterback in history and may never be outdone!  Six rings.  The halftime show was okay.  Some good music and great light FX's and pyro's.  The defensive coordinators for both teams deserve awards.

The wife made roast duck for me for eats.

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

thanks Darrel, we gonna try yers!

I just tried my latest batch, and for some reason it's way too salty. I'm thinking I have cut back on the tender quick in the past. I'd say that you should probably cut back on that by at least half. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:03am
tender quick...is that like a meat tenderizer? oh...and do you butcher and sell the meat from your honey's herd?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:14am
we had another great meal off that PR roast tonight, and we'll have another tomarrow night, it'll be gone then, but not wasted!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:45am
   OK,,Darrel,,I guess ya'll talked bout a meatball recipe I missed,,,,,so give,,,,,,,I LOVE meatballs,,my wife's family make a soup type  called "Le Boulette" or just "Bullets"  for short that is basically just flavored meatballs in water with onions and spices,,,Good,,!! 
  Your summer sausage recipe is real close to what I have used for a long time but,,YES,,I did cut back on the Tender Quick also cause I ain't susspossed to eat too much salt. The recipe I use has lots more ,,,,ummmm,,,whats them little bitty balls,,?? can't remember for chit,,!!! anyway,,I use bout 4 Tbs to 4 LBs of HB meat,,,(I likes em,,)
 Hey Shameless,,,Morton's Tender Quick is a salt based meat cure comes in a blue bag. My experience is that most recipes call for way too much Tender Quick and like ole Darrel says,,it pretty salty,,,,,
  UMMmmmmm,,Yep,,thinkin I'm gonna go fish out some of thet prime Elk meat and make me some Winter Sausage,,,yes sir,,,,,,,Clap

Edited by desertjoe - 05 Feb 2019 at 6:46am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:07am

tender quick...is that like a meat tenderizer? oh...and do you butcher and sell the meat from your honey's herd?

With the tender quick, it's like Joe said. I can't figure out why my latest batch tastes so salty. Maybe it's just me. My son said he didn't think it was too salty. Maybe I just got a slice or two that wasn't mixed good. Cause like I said, been using the same recipe for years. Maybe I have cut back on it in the past, and forgot that I did that. Lol. As far as the butchering, yes we eat our own beef. We had used the same custom butchering shop for over 25 years, but the owner of that shop is having a hard time keeping up any more. So we tried a different shop for our last critter. Turned out just as good. Little more expensive, but they have a federal meat inspector on site when they do the slaughtering. Other place didn't. So the new place, being that the inspector is there, said that we could legally sell any beef that they process for us. We haven't sold any, but maybe we should find a little niche market, and start selling it. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 10:01am
 You know,,I watch alot of them cookin shows and to a one,,,they all,,according to ME,,,they never mix whatever they're cookin enough to get all the ingredients mixed well,,,,,Wink They prolly pressed for time and figure nobody is gonna eat thet stuff on TV so it just a quick stir and go on to next part,,,,,,,,Wink
I mix my stuff aplenty,,,,
  UMMmm,,,Darrel,,,the meatballs,,,???Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 12:05pm
plummer Pat had the meatballs Joe
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Ok Joe, I'll give you the recipe straight out of the book, then I'll give you the changes I've made to it. It's only based on two pounds of meat, but if you can do some math, you can make larger quantities. It's kind of a recipe to be made without a lot of equipment.

Two pounds ground beef
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
two tbsp tender quick
one tbsp liquid smoke
one tbsp mustard seeds
3/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients. Form it into two logs. Wrap it in tin foil; shiney side in. Set the logs in the refridgerator for 24 hours. After the 24 hours, take it out, poke some holes in the tin foil, and bake it in the oven for one hour at 350 degrees.

I've been making it in four pound batches for years, exactly as the recipe reads. Last batch I made, I smoked in the smoker at 150 degrees for about six hours instead of baking it. Now the batch I made this morning, I stuffed into 2 1/2 inch fibrous casings instead of using tin foil. After it spends it's 24 hours in the fridge, it will go into the smoker instead of the oven also. I cut back the liquid smoke by about half also, since it's getting the real smoke. It's kind of habit forming. Doesn't take long to devour a log of it with some cheese and crackers. Darrel

I used to make that!  I should dig out my recipe.  One difference I noted in your recipe and it probably replaces the tender quick, is we used Kosher Salt instead.  If I can find my recipe I'll see if there are any other differences.

Do you bake your right on the oven rack with a catch pan underneath?
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:12pm
Yes John, we bake it on the rack with a catch pan. My last batch, we was going to smoke, but it was too cold for the smoker to work, so it got baked, too. As far as my post on it being too salty, I guess that was a false alarm. Last night, the piece of sausage I ate must have had a little pocket that wasn't mixed as good as it should have been. I was eating it all day today (took it the road with me for a snack. Cheaper than jerky) and it was good. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:01am
Darrel...that would prolly be better than you driving all over, there are lots of folks doing the organic meat now. they's making a killing!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:29am
finished up the last of the PR tonight. was still good tasting! I prolly won't buy another chunk until I gits my new outdoor kitchen delivered and set up. I wanna smoke the next one. we always went out for PR on our anniversaries, now the old lady...oooops...I mean the loving wife wants me to cook it from now on. what do we do now on our special occasions?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 6:35am
"What do we do now on our special occasions...….?"

Maybe you getting too old if you have to ask that here. Darrel
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:06am

finished up the last of the PR tonight. was still good tasting! I prolly won't buy another chunk until I gits my new outdoor kitchen delivered and set up. I wanna smoke the next one. we always went out for PR on our anniversaries, now the old lady...oooops...I mean the loving wife wants me to cook it from now on. what do we do now on our special occasions?
I guess the loving wife doesn't want to be seen out with you anymore. Can you blame her, probably making funny faces and loud pooter noises. LOL
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 12:11pm
Darrel...me thunks I gots to old for what you is thunking! and I still don't have that "pooter" working yets. PffffT!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:21pm
You'll just have to go back to Chili and Lasik (Furosemide), you know you can get that to work. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:18am

Darrel...that would prolly be better than you driving all over, there are lots of folks doing the organic meat now. they's making a killing!

I don't know how well that would work up here, Shameless. If every man, woman, and child in a fifty mile radius of me bought 10 pounds of beef per year from me, that would be about one critter per year. Back when Eldon had his vegetable stand going out there near Spokane, I should have teamed up with him and sold beef along side of him. Folks could have gotten there meat and veggies all in one stop. May have been profitable. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:34am
 Well,,I'm feelin for Ya Darrel,,, I really am,,,,I been pokin ole Shameless on his Prime Rib but fact of the matter is,,,I LOVE a great piece of beef,,,it just don't like ME,,!!! I've had a couple of bad cases of Gout and don't think I want any more and have tried to stay on the low side of partaking of thet great tastin beef. I am a sucker of a smoked briskett and should be rationing myself there as well,,,,,Wink, but you know how weak the mind can be,,,,LOL I have bragged bout the steaks at Golden Corral and I will have one bout every other month or so,,,cause,,,,them are some of the most tender cuts off meat I've ever had and thats the troot,,!!!!
  I take that back,,,I just remembered,,when I was still workin,,the company would send me twice a year to a refinery they had in Great Falls, Mt and there was a resturant in Black Eagle just north of the refinery that had ABSOLUTLY the biggest and the most FORK  TENDER steaks ever,,!! I cannot remember the name but it was the BEST'est beef you ever bit into,,!!!Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:44am
Joe, you mention Great Falls MT. I was just through there little over a week ago; in fact I spent a night there. Next morning I had to drop part of my load at a ranch in the mountains, off the beaten path, about an hour west of there. Let me tell you what, that puts a whole new meaning to the phrase "beautiful scenery". Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:53am
just think how "Omaha steaks" started Darrel! there was sum folks out in the sticks of our county, that were doing organic meat of all kinds, they butchered everything on location, and would prolly still be doing it if the nosey neighbor wouldn't have ratted him out. the neighbor didn't like all the extra traffic on their gravel road. the county did shut them down cuz the city based county board didn't think it was ag related! can't get any more ag related than that! said it was zoned right! LMAO! dumb azzes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic