This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New house electrical question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 4:35pm
Should work fine, how far have to run and any severe rock in the soil? Under NEC code also needs to be at least 24" down.
Sponsored Links

JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:35pm
Do not need to bury, this will be interior run.
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:35pm
It's just a lot cheaper than copper 3/0.
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 12:48am
That looks like aluminum can’t
’ Use it in Calif   I wouldn’t anyhow too high fire risk. It expands and contracts too much.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:01am
I spose running an extension cord is outta the question huh? lol
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:11pm
All the local electrical contractors use is Aluminum Tri Plex for high amp runs. My own home as are 90% are is fed from the meter base to the breaker panel with same. Not so much a concern for heat and fire probabilities as the old 12/2 w/grd house wire.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:28pm
The boxes aren't "Big" to hold a bunch of breakers. The boxes are big to have plenty of room to route those big 4/0 service feed cable and maintain proper bend radius.

Depending on code in your state, you may have to run a 4-wire for your house. In Indiana, all grounds have to run back to the main disconnect.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:37pm
4/0 AL cable is good for 205 amps ......... the ground wire 2/0 is good for about 150 amps.... that should be fine for entrance cable. I have had similar in my house for 40 years.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ryanlark View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryanlark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 7:35am
Maybe you should hire a professional electrical company? I am kind of afraid of stuff like this to do it on my own, and it’s better to be safe than sorry. I just learned that from my own mistake. When I moved to my new house, in the beginning everything was perfect. I hired a professional moving company https://texasmovingusa.com/ to help me with everything. After I settled in, I noticed there is a problem with the kitchen switch. I tried to fix it on my own, but the problem was way complicated then I knew. I ended up hurting myself pretty bad, and even made the switch problem worse. So, know I just hire people to help me.

Edited by Ryanlark - 11 May 2021 at 5:16am
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 8:48am
After 2 years....i HOPE he already has it installed !! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 9:23am
Me too!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic