This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confrontation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confrontation
    Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:14pm
I had a confrontation today at Walmart. Went there to get furnace filters figured be good to change them as blower has been working overtime. I went in for maybe 15 to 20 minutes.  My German Shepard dog Minnie who goes most everywhere with me was in the back seat.Now Minnie protects the truck and barks at anyone that gets to close. When I came back to the truck a woman was getting into a vehicle nearby and had her cell phone in her hand. She looked at me with an angry look on her face and said It is good you came out when you did I was calling the cops! I said call the cops what for ? She said Your dog in the truck it's too cold for the dog. It was 0 outside.By this time I had the door to my truck open and Minnie was looking at me like what's wrong with this woman ! I said there is nothing wrong with my dog! She said in this cold leave your dog to home! I said you need to mind your own business! My thought on the way home was good that the truck was locked or that woman would have found out how healthy Minnie is ! Ever since this cold snap has happened people have no common sense! My dog is far from abused and she eats healthier than I do ! What would that woman think when I milked cows in cold weather like this ! I guess I would have to bring them all in the house!
Sponsored Links

Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:24pm
My Blue Heeler thinks it is summer out.  She goes out and I have to call her to come in.  I always tell her when we are going outside that she has to wait while I dress.  I tell her she has a nice fur coat and I don't.  The lady probably would not like my ducks outside.  Windchill -45+ and they are swimming and taking a bath in the water from the sump pump.
bauerd44 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bauerd44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:35pm
I guess I better bring my cows into the house.  That will go over real good with the "Queen".
Missouri Allis-Chalmers Club
CA Allis, 175 Allis, 185 Allis
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:48pm
Had a similar discussion with a Moron over our now long gone Husky. She saw the dog snow covered on our back porch, called animal control. They arrive dog is inside, ask how long since let her in about which time she heard something and was GONE thru the Pet Door. Looked puzzled, asked me how long been open, told him since I installed it, ten years maybe a little longer. He said thanks and left. The STUPID Witch would drive by EVERY Day trying to see if we left her out. Ignorant people. Damn dog LOVED Snow, loved Outdoors, would stay inside only long enough to make a mess get a drink and Gone again.

Do people NOT understand Dogs were at one time Wild, Outdoor creatures? They do not care of that which they do not know like warm homes. Buddy of mine, TWO White Pyrenees Lovely dogs, sleep NEAR the barn, most times unless raining OUTSIDE on the ground, door is always open, straw on floor, they prefer COLD!!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 4:11pm
Whiiney ass hippie liberals and the world is full of them
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 4:24pm
If you know who it is return the favor, right down to ordering pizzas for them on Fri. night and signing them up for magazine subscriptions and it's always best to call the authorities each and every time you see them doing something that don't meet your standards.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:08pm
I would have preferred the dumb Heifer would have not left and met Minnie personally! But then I would have had to get Minnie vaccinated ! 
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 6:21pm
I'm gonna be taking care of my friends dog for awhile.  Now they would call the cops on me with that dog.  It's a chihuahua, damn thing shivers sitting in the sun on an 80* day!  When I visit I put her in my sweatshirt and zip it up.  She just snuggles in and snoozes.

I do agree tho.  these people are getting a little carried away with their phone calls and busting windows.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 12:38am
we had calls all the time on this, both summer and winter. now if we take them with us and we stop somewhere, one of us is always with them in the vehicle. yes even I have been reported by the city bots being busy bodies, but then there are folks that leave their pets in hot cars and then can't understand why they died from the heat/cold after the dog owners came back from shopping for the past 1-2 hours. around here, you will get reported and ticketed, the animal removed and impounded! be real lucky to get your own pet back after court! this is a good thing for some people that really don't care about their pets, and bad for the people that do care about their pets, but most people can't see which is which. i'm sure if that lady knew you and Minnie, she wouldn't have called any cops. some of my friends have been thru this and have put a sign on the vehicle that explains why the dog/pet is in the vehicle.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 6:14am
In hot weather Minnie stays home. And I understand people who really have know common sense and let their dog die! My anger over this confrontation is the fact that the woman assumed / accused I was not taking care of my dog! From now on in cold weather I will be more careful about the Dog Nazis!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 8:32am
Mom and dad's idiot neighbors were gonna be all country and keep horses.  Then found out you need to feed horses, which they didn't want to spend the money on.  Horses nearly died eating sand, which we DID call animal control on them. 

Fast forward to winter, dad's horse is standing outside, 3 inches of snow on her back, head hung low and looking forlorn.  In retribution, they called animal control on us.  My niece was the only one home.  Whaddya mean the horse is neglected?  She got food and water this morning like every morning.  "It's shut outside in the snow!"  No, she can go in and out, and shuts the door behind her.  Which they didn't believe.

So, come on out to the barn I'll show you!  They walk in the barn, some hay still laying there, horse flings the door open, comes in, when they didn't give her more oats, she stormed out the door and flung it closed behind her!!!  "OK.  Sorry ma'am. "
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:02pm
Your story Tbone is similar to 2 friends of mine Duck Hunting. They were getting ready to go out on a lake to shoot ducks when a Sheriff's Deputy pulls up and asks if they have permission to hunt. They said they did but the man was not home. Seems a Lady that lived on the Lake had been feeding the ducks and did not want to see them shot. About this time one of the other neighbors came out and asked if my friends were going Duck hunting? They said they would but the man that gave them permission was not home and some Lady who had been feeding the Ducks called the Deputy who wasn't letting them hunt. The neighbor says I'll give you permission if you shoot every one of them ducks! They have been ting all over my dock! The Deputy said you fellas have a good hunt!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:31pm
-30 the other night. I got up a few times to check things out. Every time I got up the male Great Pyrnese was laying out here on the ice watching. He has a female to keep him warm, but they both lay outside watching. 1 building is knee deep in dry straw but they prefer the outside. I feed them inside this building so they know it's there.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 10:17pm
It was a real chore to keep my black Lab in the house, no matter how cold it was!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:28pm
Dumb city people don't know what 'animal' means... and they apparently have no idea what a 'fur coat' is, unless they see a HUMAN wearing one (that's when they start throwing verbal stones).

I've got two full grown cats and one adolescent kitten living in the garage... there's a cat door, and they go in and out as they please.  Kitten chases the bunnies, Momma chases the birds...  Grayson (the big old grumpy feller) patrols the grounds to maintain command.

"M'aim, that dog is not trapped in the car- he's patiently waiting, abiding by the constable's Leash Laws, and listening to talk radio.... and when I get back in, he's gonna hop in that driver's seat, fire it up, and drive my drunk ass home... so go away, you're disturbing my whiskey-time."
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:26am
I LOVE that response Dave!!!!  GOOD one!!

TRY to get my Siberian inside when it's like this!!!  I dare ya!!

They are the same ones that leave their kids in the car when it's 95 out.  They're only going in for a few minutes.....

and they breed.......
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:14pm
Goody two shoes that don't think the law pertains to them but they want everyone else to be arrested for not doing the right thing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic