This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't Fix Stupid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't Fix Stupid
    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:25pm
I spent this afternoon making a bracket to mount a gun case to the tractor. I wanted to be able to carry the rifle with me when I went out to feed safely and without damaging it. I made sure it didn't interfere with the loader or any other moving parts. I made sure I could get the gun in and out easily. Every thing was good so I welded it up and bolted it to the tractor. It looked good, I was really proud of it. I put the butt end of the case back on and stepped back to admire my handy work. That's when I saw it, I can't open the door.

I wish I hadn't welded it. I'll be getting the grinder out tomorrow. I believe I can change the angle and make it work. It won't look as good, I might have to scrap the whole thing and start out from scratch. What ever I do, I'll make sure everything works before I weld.
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:51pm
Don’t you just hate it when a plan doesn’t quite come together. Sounds like something I would do.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:53pm
And that’s not stupid, just a little oversight.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:55pm
We must be brothers and they seperated us at birth!
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:58pm
I feel your pain brother, sure do feel your pain! been there, done that
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:12pm
I think maybe triplets.  That's my luck also
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:33pm
Uh..... There's 4 of us
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:31pm
I see the problem. That tractor is the wrong color.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:02pm
LMAO
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:19pm
Then there have been lots of people that built boats in the basement and could not get them out. I built a cabinet for a customer once and as I was about to deliver it I realized A 4' cabinet would not fit threw a 3' door. Cross cut saw and some wafers salvaged that mess.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:50pm
Your just holding the door shut right
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 1:32am
Can't you just put it across the rear window!?!?Big smile

My dad always kept the 12 ga. in a gunny sack hanging by the steering wheel on the WD45 when he picked corn, for pheasants.  Just a thought for you!

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:10am
I gots one of them gun cases, atta flea mkt, case has a .22 cal hole, in da bottom....Wink
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 7:19am
Whaddaya guys talking about?  All my plans come together all nice and perfect like!LOL
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 7:35am
My plans are just like yours Tbone. It's only when I get past the plan stage that things go afoul. LOL
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:09am
You got it Bob!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:40am
I would have mounted IN THE Cab Somehow not outside, asking for grunge problems.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:56am
Could put a bipod on the hood and.....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:09am
isn't there a door on the other side of the cab?
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:13am
Just take the door off! Probably not welded and then you have quick access when the injuns attack.
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:26am
maybe he shoulda boughts a pistol?
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:29pm
I was thinking gun slits cut in the windows since you can't get the doors open.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:39pm
Needs a heemeyer conversion cab...Wink

[TUBE]5zRsmcIaB1Q[/TUBE]
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:42pm
I'm with Dmiller, mount it inside the cab
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 7:38pm
DMiller,
As with most cabs, space is limited. Not enough room to draw the rifle out without banging it into something. The idea behind the case in the first place was to prevent the gun from getting scuffed up. And you have to step out to shoot anyway.

Shameless,
Yes there is a door on the other side, but it is somewhat blocked as well. The controls for the loader are in the way. You can get around them, but it takes a bit of a contortionist act. I wish it was a little more user friendly, that would save me many walks around the tractor.

As for the pistol, I have three. The problem is I can't hit much with them.

truckerfarmer,

Sorry for the blue tractor pic. I hope no one was offended, but I don't think I was the first. I love my two Little Allis's, but they're basically hobby tractors. I'd like to have some larger AC work tractors, but I'm stuck with these Ferds.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 7:58pm
If you watch the video, I find it interesting the machine they call a "front end loader", I believe it's a 627 Cat scraper.  Some of us thought Marve was a little off when he had a shop in Boulder, but nobody thought he was that off!  The Dummies on the town council decided to have the dozer cut up and hauled to the scrap yard in Denver in pieces.  I'd heard someone offered over a hundred thousand $ for it to display somewhere.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

The Dummies on the town council decided to have the dozer cut up and hauled to the scrap yard in Denver in pieces.  I'd heard someone offered over a hundred thousand $ for it to display somewhere.

Now that's STUPID for you.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:00am
I'm surprised that, amidst all those officers, there wasn't one in there that had infantry anti-tank experience.

Move the scabbard to the roof.  When you step out, pop the cover, and slide it out in your free hand as you step down.

Other option is to mount it inside, but in a way that the backend is facing the door... when you swing open the door, the butt is facing you for withdrawl.  One advantage, is that this provides you with the ability to present from ground stance... you wouldn't have to step up to reach the roof.

The other way, is to mount an M134A on top with cab controls on a power turret...  but getting an M134A rechambered for shotgun shells would be a bit pricey...LOL
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:09am
Wish I had a picture of mine.  It was made for an ATV but I put it on my golf cart and then later on the WD45.  it bolts to the floor and is all rubber coated.  Has a rubber band like that holds the bun in place.  A boot on the bottom to set the stock in, a piece of square stock and a V welded to that at the top.  Slick as the cats meow and doesn't take up any more room than just the rifle.

Hope this works, kinda like this one but for just one gun.  I put plastic bags over it to keep anything out.  And nosy people can't tell what it is...
Kolpin UTV Gun Rack - 20073

Edited by Ted J - 02 Feb 2019 at 1:12am
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic