This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buckwheat from little rascals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buckwheat from little rascals
    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:07pm
Buckwheat turned Muslim. He is now called Kareem of wheat
Sponsored Links

mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:10pm
Gotta love it. How many people on here know who Buckwheat is?
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:15pm
Buckwheat is a type of grain. So is alfalfa, right?   
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Grayray Grayray wrote:

Buckwheat is from the grass family I think

I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by mdm1 mdm1 wrote:

Gotta love it. How many people on here know who Buckwheat is?

little rascals
Wait for the Lord;
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:08pm
I heard another joke about Buckwheat once, but I can't post it on this forum. I will tell you all, it involved Darla.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:27pm
Lou, I don't think you caught what I was hinting at.
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:34pm
Did you mean that alfalfa was another boy....................... Buckwheat is a grain and is in the grass family and is used in place of wheat or rye in brewing and cooking.
Alfalfa is a legume in real life and replaces clover. In "The Rascals" he was the white boy always getting into trouble wasn't he?
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Buckwheat is from the grass family I think

Buckwheat is a flower not a grass Wink only a pseudocereal. LOL (dang heath food people took buckwheat over and cannot find its Latin name,reading to much Lonesome Dove and Gus and his Latin LOL) Alfalfa is a medic Wink, medicago sativa to be more precise.( I had to really learn that back 75)LOLLOLLOL
NOW The Little Rascals ..................................................................or 
 But back to the other channel and the Katzenjammer Kids  radio broadcast.LOLLOLLOL

All way before my time but I have heard of O'l Buckwheat  and the Little Rascals. I believe there was a catchphrase from Katzenjammers Kids cause my dad would have some reference to Katzenjammer Kids. Wink Maybe time to further my edumacation and see if I can listen to them shows. Wink

Edited by Ray54 - 30 Jan 2019 at 10:04pm
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:54pm
Alfalfa is the white  youngsters Name in the Little Rascals.  The little brown boy child was Buckwheat Pronounced  "Buh-wheet"
IT is grown as a forage and cut and cured for  some of the best hay in the world. Calling it a GRAIN is incorrect. The seed is only used to grow more alfalfa
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 7:56am
My daughter has a dog that is a dead ringer for ole Peedee or Petie or however it was spelled.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Ken in Texas Ken in Texas wrote:

Alfalfa is the white  youngsters Name in the Little Rascals.  The little brown boy child was Buckwheat Pronounced  "Buh-wheet"
IT is grown as a forage and cut and cured for  some of the best hay in the world. Calling it a GRAIN is incorrect. The seed is only used to grow more alfalfa
Wait....so buhwheet seed grows alfalfa???Confused
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:46am
NO NO NO he was "BuhWheet" Had a few pronunciation issues!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGcMX_uYPwc
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:54am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

NO NO NO he was "BuhWheet" Had a few pronunciation issues!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGcMX_uYPwc
Yeesh.....I know that.  Do you have a sense of humor in there anywhere?Wink

Did ya' read ken's post?WinkLOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 2:02pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 4:38pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 7:48pm

Lou, I don't think you caught what I was hinting at.

I'm a bit slow on the uptake at times!
Wait for the Lord;
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:35pm
The buckwheat plant produces on very small white flower. I plant it about the 1st or 2 ND week of July. You would think that little white flower would produce a very light colored honey. It doesn't. The honey from buckwheat is almost black and has a very strong flavor. I don't like it. But when I am able to take the honey away from the bees in the first part of July, the bees are able to work the buckwheat and make plenty of stores for their winter feed. They tell me buckwheat is somewhat evasive, it doesn't get a chance around here. The wild turkey will completely consume any seed produced.
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 6:50am
"OTAYYYYYY" as Eddie Murphy used to say doing him.

Betcha anybody white doing that impression would catch hell these days . . . . .

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 8:41am
What'chu talkn' bout'.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:06am
Years later, Alfalfa, Carl Dean Switzer had a bit spot in the movie "It's A Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed. He was the one that pulled the lever that opened up the gym floor and let poor George Bailey and Mary Hatch fall backward into the pool below while they were in the big Charleston contest.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Ranse Ranse wrote:

I heard another joke about Buckwheat once, but I can't post it on this forum. I will tell you all, it involved Darla.
Seems to me that I heard that joke.....been a long time, I had forgotten it!!  Thanks for the memories!! LOL Big smile
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 5:31am
Originally posted by TimNearFortWorth TimNearFortWorth wrote:

"OTAYYYYYY" as Eddie Murphy used to say doing him.

Betcha anybody white doing that impression would catch hell these days . . . . .

Yeah, just look at the gubner of VA!Wink

Oh WTH, here's the buckwheat joke...Wink

Buckwheat and Darla were in school and the teacher asked Darla, 'How do you spell 'dumb'?"
Darla says, "d-u-m-b, dumb."

The teacher says, "Very good. Now use it in a sentence."
She responds, "Buckwheat is dumb."

"Now spell 'stupid'."
Darla says, "s-t-u-p-i-d."

The teacher says, "Very good. Now use it in a sentence."
Darla says, "Buckwheat is stupid."

Then the teacher calls on Buckwheat and asks, "Buckwheat, spell dictate."
Buckwheat stands up and says, otay, "d-i-c-t-a-t-e, dictate."

The teacher says, "Very good. Now use it in the a sentence." 
"I may be dumb and I may be stupid, but Darla says my dictate good!"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 11:09am
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Edited by chaskaduo - 02 Feb 2019 at 11:10am
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:42pm
That would be it.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:04pm
ROFLMAO
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic