This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Combines for Creston

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combines for Creston
    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:57pm
You Tube 1/19/19
[TUBE]_-D6Ayx1VjY[/TUBE]
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:09pm
That's a good video.  I do question his statement about the allcrop coming out before the model 40, I thought it came out first in the early 30's and then the all crop 60 came out later in the 30's.  Still good to see all those machines.  Didn't know about the self leveling hillside machine, really cool to see it.  Has it been to Hutch?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:19pm
Very interesting video 
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:26pm
Thanks for posting! I saw that video the other day after Cody Wangen sent me the link. I've always wanted to tour Arland's collection, but by the time I get to Iowa on the way to Hutch, he's not home either. 
I was surprised Arland didn't mention the WWII-era 60 he has with quite a bit of aluminum sheet metal. I think that's an interesting story in itself. 

John, the "Corn Belt" combine prototype (5' header) was developed in the early '30s, and was on display at county fairs in Indiana in 1934, but by the time production began in 1935, the name was changed to the "High Speed" combine, due to the ability to cut at 5 mph. In '36 it was renamed the All-Crop harvester (no model number), after they found out it could harvest quite a few crops besides the wheat, barley, and oats (and maybe one other?) it was intended to harvest. Today those early All-Crops are sometimes referred to as "Camel back" combines, due to the convex shape of the top of their separator housing, which supposedly resembles a camel's hump. 
In 1938 they added the model 40 to the line, to go with the new B tractor, also introduced in 1938. Since they now had two combines, they needed new distinction, so the big combine became the model 60, and the smaller one the 40. 

I believe the hillside 60 belongs to Joe Graunke. 

Edited by CrestonM - 24 Jan 2019 at 2:44pm
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 2:56pm
He didn't mention the tandom axled combine either
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 6:38pm
Nice video!!!! Ryan
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 3:17pm
     We saw a hillside Allcrop at a show in Albert City, Iowa several years ago. Don't know who owned it, maybe the one in this video. Very interesting. He didn't tell about the combine with the corn head. Thought that would be mentioned as a rather rare piece.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

He didn't mention the tandom axled combine either
I wouldn't say it's that special or rare. It was a dealer accessory. I have a combine set up that way, and have access to 2 parts machines with them. They ride over rough ground nicely, and the tongue floats at just the right height so you can hook up the tractor easily. 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 8:10pm
Arland is so fun to listen to as he really knows what he's talking about.  All you have to do is get him started. LOL
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic