This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50 Forage Harvester - Model

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 50 Forage Harvester - Model
    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 7:06am
I noticed Chris' (Sugarmaker) instructions on using Imgur for storing photos so decided to give it a try to hopefully make it easier to post photos here.  Thanks Chris!!

IF I am successful, this is a picture of my Model 50 forage harvester that went in to the paint booth yesterday.   Here we go......

Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 7:15am
wow... EVERY time I see your models Ican't believe the attenion to details....

I have to ask, why you don't store photos on this site?

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 7:29am
Thanks Jay!!   Guess I didn't know we could store photos here....
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 8:06am
Can only store a limited amount of photos on this site .When you exceed that amount older photos are deleted so new ones can fit.

Excellent work as always Armand.

Armand, I know that you do not sell your models. What happens to them after your maker calls for you ? Giant auction at Dyersville Iowa ? Auction at a GOTO ? Not that I am trying to speed things up .I hope you keep making these beautiful models for a long time .   Just curious if you and your family
have talked about this.

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 22 Jan 2019 at 8:16am
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 8:32am
yes, we're allowed 80MB of space so about 240 'email' sized photos aka VGA ( 640x480 ).
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 8:47am
Thanks Jay, didn't know that.

Pat, plans for the model collection are in place (noted in my trust document) etc.

The 190 Beach Master and Beach Sanitizer and truck will go to the National Farm Toy Museum in Dyersville plus some others.   The rest will go to auction in the Midwest.  No market for them here.    Just hoping I fall off my shop stool when the time comes!!   LOL

Armand

Edited by Armand(AZ) - 22 Jan 2019 at 8:49am
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 9:03am
Keep taking your vitamins Armand, lol . Any chance of you making one of these tractor shows any time soon ? I may have to take a trip to the southwest and give a few of you guys a hard time. There's a few guys in NM I could see on the way.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 10:07am
Armand,
Hope using imgur works well for you! we would like to see more pictures of your builds! I ran a full sized corn chopper as a kid, but it was PTO driven. Do you have one of those too? Just awesome work that you do on these models. I loved assembling plastic models as a kid. Your a artist at these things! Great detail. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:10am
   I was raised on a dairy farm in upstate N.Y., in 1954 when I was 14 we got a #50 PTO chopper. Most farmers still ran the old IH or Papec rotary choppers that was a slow operation. When neighbors saw how fast the new Allis WD 45 and Chopper was, they started to ask us to do custom work. The boss and I and an occasionally an owner could fill most silos in 2 days. We also had 60 head of cows to milk. My job was to set the blower up to the silo and stake it down and get the belt set on the blower while the boss went out to chop the 1st load of corn. I had two tractors running when I thought I heard my name. Looked around didn't see anyone. but the chopper was setting up on a hill somewhere about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. Then I heard my name again and the chopper was still setting there with the 45 still running wide open. Had to run down cross a creek jump 2 fences.
When I got there all I could see was the boss laying in the shoot, and the clutch on the chopper banging like crazy. Got the tractor shut off. shaking like a leaf afraid of what I was going to see. Boss had caught his little finger in the gathering chain and it had pulled his hand up by the top chain gear. but he was strong enough to hold the chain and make the chain clutch to slip. crushed his little finger, wonder that it didn't pull it off. scary
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:49am
do you do leakin WD's?
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 7:43am
Thanks for the comments guys!!!

Chris, the parts manual I have shows both choppers, but I decided on the motor driven one as I cast the B-125 engines and thought it would be more unique. 

Harold, quite a story!!   I would have hated to run up to that situation as well!!!  I remember as a kid in SD that a guy got his leg in a corn picker and lost it.   I wasn't there to see it.

Les, I am past leaky tractors!!  LOL   But I did restore eight real tractors in IA (and a couple of them still leaked!!)  

Will assemble the chopper today so photos of it will be coming soon. 
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 10:15pm
I sure hope you are lucky enough to find someone to teach your skills. My hands shake so much I had to stop doing custom woodwork. In the mean time KEEP UP THE good work. There are a lot of amazed guys on this site that can't wait to see your next project.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:03am
Thanks Tom!!  Folks ask "how long are you going to do this??"  and my answer is "until I get the shakes!!""   LOL   So far I don't have the shakes!!

And some ask "what will happen to your collection when "SOMETHING" happens to you"  and my answer is normally "I'm only 74, do you know something that I don't??"

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:08am
The project is out of the paint booth and reassembled so here are some photos of the finished unit. 

And this is the power feed wagon model that I have spent about three weeks working on.   It is now disassembled and primed, and will become persain orange today.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:09am
     Your work is so impressive. Don't forget to share the wagon when it is finished. Have you ever thought of building a model Allis Chalmers Farm like you see at the tractor shows? You certainly have plenty of equipment to populate it with. Thanks again for sharing your talent.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 10:35pm
HOLY COW Armand,,,, I didn't know that you put them all together and then took them apart again to paint!!!!!  I guess I just didn't catch that.
AMAZING work, attention to detail and the final look as it comes to life.  Just AMAZING!!!

THANKS for sharing with us again Armand.  One of these days, I'm gonna take a vacation....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic