This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here's a rear bumper for you, Desert Joe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here's a rear bumper for you, Desert Joe
    Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 2:13pm
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:46pm
wrong bumper Darrel, he needs a year older one.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:31pm
  Thas close,,Shameless,,,but I needs one two years older,,,mine's a 55. If Darrel is plannin to buy me thet beautiful car,,,,first'est thing I'm gonna do is jerk that steering wheel OFF and give it to somebody,,,,,chit even a pair of sears vice grips be better than that.  I don't usually like to critique anybody's pride and joy but the owner left a lot of attention to detail back in the garage. Way too many loose wires all over. Wires gots a job to do but NOT to been seen,,,does take some time to tuck em in under or behind something with some zip ties thats same color as what is hidin em,,,,
 OK,,I'm done,,,,Darrel was you plannin to deliver it before the next snow storm,,,??? I could maybe meet up,,,,,say,,,,,UMMmmm,,,how bout meetin up in Santa Fe,,,and I;ll buy lunch at the Palace of The Governors,,,,,,ClapClap
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:00pm
Not only that Joe, but totally wrong ALL over... Motor, tranny, seats, color, interior, etc......Just plain shoddy.  Take 10K off that price and I still wouldn't give it to him.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:11pm
If I win the lottery before the sale ends, I'll sure buy Fer ya, Joe. And probably deliver it all the way to Artesia. But otherwise, I was just passing along some info. But now I'll have to lock into my feeble mind that we are looking for a bumper for a 55, not a 57. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:16pm
well...I still gives Darrel an A+ for think'in of ya Joe!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 5:12am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

well...I still gives Darrel an A+ for think'in of ya Joe!

OH,,I totally agree,,Shameless,,,,fact is,,,,,,I'm thinkin on puttin ole darrel in my will of papers and,,,,,,and,,I'll even do it in pencil,,,one never knows,,,Ya know ??,,,,,,LOLLOL
 I do KNOW ole Darrel means well and I know he always keeps his eyes open deliverin them chemicles all over Nort Dakota and lookin me for a bumper,,,,,,,Ya just gotta appreciate friends like that,,,,,,,ClapWink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 6:07am
well the bumper I made for him gots cut up for firewood!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:51am
Well Joe, my chemical delivering came to a screeching halt for the winter around the end of November,,,,,,but that doesn't mean that I quit watching out for you. I took a job for the winter delivering cattle mineral for a neighbor who has his own brand of mineral. This job has taken me so many places you wouldn't believe it. I think I put on close to 10,000 miles the first month. And I get off, WAY OFF, the beaten path, so I see stuff that not too many people see. Chances are good that some day I'll pull into someone's yard to drop off mineral, and there in the tree rows, will be a boned out 55 chevy with a good back bumper....cheap. I am kind of disappointed in the fact that I've seen very little Allis stuff. Come spring, I go back to the chemical delivering. Not a bad gig,,,chemical season is late spring, summer and early fall. Cattle mineral busy season is late fall, winter and early spring. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:15am
 Thas great Darrel,!!!,,I knew you was still on the job lookin me for a rear bumper for the 55 but it gots to be off a station wagon,,,,OK,,??? The more I think on it,,,,,a lot of the parts them days would interchange between the Tri Five years, the 55, 56 and the 57's. I'm gonna google it to make sure. A little freedom of information on it is that the station wagon one has an "inset" right in the center for the license plate  and the cars had the straight across bumper like thet 57 in the pics. Thanks for your help.ClapClap 

Edited by desertjoe - 20 Jan 2019 at 10:17am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:42am
   Yeah,,Darrel,,I hear you on the weird lack of older Allis tractors out and about,,, The last time we were up there,,I spent a lot of time drivin up and down all them side roads from Kilarney down to Minot and over to east of and never saw but one D17 that was still in use. I did pull in to ask if they knew anybody that had any for sale but did not catch anybody home three different times. I know ole Jason and some others,,,(can't remember the Guy's name that just got hitched to thet pertty girl and made her drive their tractor in a parade durin last years Hutch meet) over to the east side of Nort Dakota gots lots older tractors but must be cause they closer to minnisota,,,???Wink I expect all them salvage tractor dealers done cleaned up all the available tractors,,,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 1:04pm
About the tractor salvage yards, DJ. One big salvage yard 10 miles south of Anamoose had a big ole section of Allis Chalmers parts tractors. I've gotten stuff from them in the past, and they've really come through for me. But Mitch Jorstad (goes by "Jorstad Brothers" here on the forum) from Tioga, ND said that the last time he was there, all of the Allis's were gone; shipped to China, evidently. Bummer. Darrel
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 2:43pm
Darrell do you take looking for requests? Cool
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Darrell do you take looking for requests? Cool

Well, I guess I can look for anything. darrel
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:42pm
I'm lookin for a couple of young (less than 50 but over 35) gals that like to fool around.
Think ya can find some Darrel?
I'd put you in INK in my will papers....if I've got a smile on my kisser when I die....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 9:19pm
Oh man, Ted. You put me in a predicament of a tough choice to make. If I find a girl like that, do I keep her for myself, or give er to you so that I can get in your will. ..? Maybe I keep her for myself until the novelty wears off, then give her to you and get some of your money willed to me. ..? That sounds like a win win situation, I guess. Darrel
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 9:23pm
That's going to take a lot of doing.

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 12:07am
Darrel, what's your old lady, er loving wife, gonna say about that?
Somebody thought that Chevy was worth $16,500!

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 7:35am
Well, John. I suspect she wouldn't be very happy about it. But chances are pretty slim of finding such a gal anyhow. And don't cut me down when I'm talking tough on the internet! LOL! I should be taking my son along with me though. Some of them places I get to are so secluded that I think the young girls there have never seen a boy that wasn't their brother or their cousin. They'd be all over my son so fast that he wouldn't know what hit him! Darrel

Edited by darrel in ND - 21 Jan 2019 at 7:36am
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 3:04pm
Yep an ole Darrel is wantin a grandbaby
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic