This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toyotas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toyotas
    Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 3:12pm
Grandson's is broke down again. This dam thing is far more unreliable than any Ford pickup I ever owned. I had it towed to the shop last week. Darn thing is blowing the fuse to the fuel pump. Wireing harness is shorted out somewhere. Wires are under the carpet, seats need to be removed to get to it. Dang kid told me he had it lined up after I put a couple of new snow tires on the front of it 2 months ago. He didn't get it done, now the tires are almost worn out. He's been crawling out of the drivers window because the inside of the door is toast. It cost me several hundred dollars to replace the belts, fix all the oil leaks. Exhaust fell off of it behind the converter, O'Reilly's wants $400.00 for 1 piece of pipe just behind the converter, it's got a fitting for an o2 sensor. Knew I should found him a Chevy. His dad is in Afganastan, he is working after school, along with his FFA activities. I do not mind helping him sorta enjoy it. Will never buy another Toyota!!!!
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 3:30pm
all vehicles IF NOT MAINTAINED will rot away......
you sure have put a lot of blood ,sweat and tears and cash into this ride...
I suggest YOU get the front end aligned after YOU put new tires on, then YOU know it's been done....

I just scapped an 08 Ferd today..drove it into the garage yesterday, saved the box, xfr case, a door and hood. only had 200K on it. also got $100 of gas out of it too !
This morning drove an 07 Chevy in, cabs already in the scrap yard, got $100 for it,rest will go next week after I deal with 'you know who'se' machine 'donation '...
 In the past 5 years, I figure we've boned over a million bux in other peoples rides. sad thing is they almost all drove here !

Why people don't spend $100 to oil spray their $50K ride is beyond me...

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 5:59pm
That's the trouble when you don't know the history. We have had two Toyotas bought new and would never look at anything else but they have been well taken care of. That said my daily driver is a 25 year old Chevy truck that still looks like new but again has been well taken care of. It just seems that some folks can break an anvil and nothing is going to last in that respect.😬
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 6:29pm
All I drive is FORD and never have a problem....... I think you right, its not the BRAND but the quality of service done to the truck that makes it last forever.  Some people just don't care.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 6:30pm
Jay, do you sell all those parts you remove ?  You the local " spare parts yard" ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:04pm
I just help friend next door.He buys them ,takes off what's good, bones the rest.
Chevies are easy 6 bolts..cab comes off with forklift ! Whatever's good(has to be REAL good) is saved, resold, rest I haul to scrapyard. He cuts the frames in half, go into 6by10 dump trailer, cab straddles the sides. yars less than 2 miles away. Last F150 donated air cleaner setup for the forklift ! Gas gets split between us. Finally got smart and use the 'factory supplied' fuel pump to easily pump out the tank with the battery that comes with truck( they do drive here...).Tires/rims get sold fast (usually for snows....).Last one has a new rear hitch..I called dibs ! for that !!

Jay

AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 9:39pm
The salt is what usually gets 'em up here in the northland. You can maintain all you want but the salt will have its way eventually. Washing regularly helps but doesn't get all the nooks & crannies where it hides.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:51pm
X2
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:45am
I am interested in knowing more about that Toyo truck.  i have never owned one but we are on our 4th car.  A highlander this time.

We have never hand one aligned  Confused
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:11pm
I bought new and still have a 2000 Toyota Tundra.  Nothing but regular maintenance on it.  I have drug tractors all over the eastern side of the country and the only breakdown I have had was two flat tires on the trailer on the same trip!  And it's the easiest engine to work on.  It's like the old fashioned pickups where you can almost climb into the engine compartment to work on stuff.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:35pm
 Well,,we bought a new 2003 Sequoia and it has been an extremely dependable vehicle. Engine has never been opened and currently has 129,000 miles on the clock. Only'ist thing I,ve had to replace is the battery that finally failed at 98,000 miles. I believe it still has the original factory brake pads,,,,!!! The dealer gave us a free 50,000 mile maintenance service and  I have done the maintenance every 3500 miles since. If I needed another one,,I would not hesitate to get another one just like this one,,,,Clap

Say,,,I just got an idea that will cure all the northern men's  problems with the rustin out issues,,,, The Wife's family up in Darrel's backyard, is also always complainin bout rusted out vehicles,,,but I got ya'lls answer,,,but I gotta get a nice cut of the profits or the savings,,,,,,Clap
 Everybody here gots tractors and backhoes and,,,,and,,,lots of land,,,so,,,,you picks a spot where the crops don't grow too good and dig you a nice sized hole big enough to drive your vehicle down into it and then fill with nice clear water,,,,,,Ya'll gots water wells don'cha,,, up to bout halfway up on the doors,,,drive the trk back and forth to slosh the water back into all them hidey holes where the dang salt hides,,,and just drive it on out of there pretty as you please. Sounds pretty easy to me,,,don't it,,,???

UMMmmm,,,I'll post my address so Ya'lls can send the donations,,,,,,WinkWinkWink
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 2:06pm
Ya I knew I should have found him a Chevy car. This car only has 200000 miles on it. Motors been apart, rear frame rusted out,I paid for those. I fixed a whole bunch of oil leaks, brakes,tires, oil changes every 2-3000 miles. This darn thing has had excellent care, just like the Ford trucks I owned. These are the reasons I won't be buying another Toyota or Ford. I take care of the vehicals I own, reg oil changes, the whole bit. I run the GM pickups 300000 miles with no major problems. From what you guys say, we this shoulda got the same amount or more of miles outta his car. I know the guy that had it and he also took great care of it. I gave my 1988 Chevy pickup to my kid the tranny went out at 540000 miles.   
travisb View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travisb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 4:04pm
I let my son drive my chevy truck for a day and the back tires were bald when i got back.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by AllisFreak MN AllisFreak MN wrote:

The salt is what usually gets 'em up here in the northland. You can maintain all you want but the salt will have its way eventually. Washing regularly helps but doesn't get all the nooks & crannies where it hides.

You are so right! I hate rust! I was down in Fla last week...didn't see much rusty cars at all..came home to Iowa and see rusty cars and pickups...my 92 f150 is pretty rusty..but frame is still good. One of my mechanics said that since Iowa started using liquid salt on the roads he replaces twice as many brake lines that rust out!

Mike
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Ya I knew I should have found him a Chevy car. This car only has 200000 miles on it. Motors been apart, rear frame rusted out,I paid for those. I fixed a whole bunch of oil leaks, brakes,tires, oil changes every 2-3000 miles. This darn thing has had excellent care, just like the Ford trucks I owned. These are the reasons I won't be buying another Toyota or Ford. I take care of the vehicals I own, reg oil changes, the whole bit. I run the GM pickups 300000 miles with no major problems. From what you guys say, we this shoulda got the same amount or more of miles outta his car. I know the guy that had it and he also took great care of it. I gave my 1988 Chevy pickup to my kid the tranny went out at 540000 miles.   

Tom how do you keep them from rusting out bad? I have a friend with 2002 Chevy and it is a rust bucket worse than fords!
Mike
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 8:09pm
I keep them cleaned up. Toyota has been sold to a kid who is gonna weld the doors shut and run it in the FWD race class. Should be good for that, 3/4 wore out snow tires should bite good on a dirt track, V6 with the exhaust rusted off behind the converter.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 12:34am
if'n ya'll don't want your pickup boxes to rust away, take them off and replace with a flatbed.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 9:57am
K, that fixes the box, take it off!  Now all we need to do is take off the fender wells, doors, cab corners, brake lines, bumpers, and frame!  There, they won't rust!

Rotten Fords, Chevys, and Dodges around here.  Tough to tell what ones are worse, though they seem to have a "spot" notorious to the brand.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 3:30pm
I've noticed a lot of beautiful Dodge pickups that aren't very old with rotted out rocker panels. That seems to be their weak point, sad because they are good looking trucks. Chevy's like to start rusting above the rear wheels and Fords in the cab corners. Just my opinion.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:33pm
Chevvies also rot out the rockers, Fords box wheel lips( that's cause they lay a foamy goop to 'bond' inner and outer shells together. It's a WICK !! sux up water,salt..duh ! )
What's interesting is you can cut and splice the front fender 'lips' onto the box !
Observations from scrapping ove ra million bux of others rides...

Billoh View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:44am
Keep them in a heated garage helps.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 1:59pm
I agree, I think it gives them a chance to dry out.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic