This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Been a busy summer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Been a busy summer
    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 8:55am
All summer long, its go, go ,go. I get in the bad habit of leaving stuff on the workbench.

Eventually it catches up with a guy.

Went to set a bolt down on my garage work bench-

Grrrrr. Lets try my Allis table that I keep just for tractor stuff.

GRRRRRR!

Lets head downstairs to my workbench back behind the furnace, its in the house, it must be neat.

Well, at least there is seven square inches of bench space to set my bolt down.

Alright, time to cull the herd a little. Two bags of garbage, one five gallon bucket of scrap metal and two hours later....

Ready for winter.
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:31am
If you have a clean, neat work bench you have too much time on your hands. The first pictures look like my work benches and if I clean them up in a few days they look like that again. While I am on light duty I need to get out to my storage/shop building and do some serious cleaning, might even toss a few things out. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:52am
HOLY MACKERAL!! Looks like MY benches!! and Shop!! I have also 'been at it' WAAYY too hard, need some break time to clean and sort my mess awhile. Good winter project!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 1:53pm
 Hey Marv,,,when can you come down to my friendly abode,,,and you can show me how you did that,,,,,I'll try to keep you entertained as I'm a great story teller,,,just ask any of the Guys here,,,,WinkWink
 I told the guy at Harbor Freight he gonna have to close the store so I can't buy any more tools to replace all them UNDER my piles on counters,,,,,LOL

Edited by desertjoe - 24 Nov 2018 at 1:55pm
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 2:27pm
"A messy desk is a busy desk".  The first picture is the way a bench is 'posed to look.  When I clean mine off, it only gets half way there, then fast becomes a mess again.  If you are busy working on stuff, you don't have time to keep it clean!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 2:53pm
I just keep making NEW benches.....though today, dangnabit.. I dun run outta wall space to put benches against.....and I KNOW the wife wants HER car in HER garage pretty soon, you know the garage with 1/2 the shingles still laying on a skid, outside....
I 'lost' my favorite 3/8 drive, 1/2" deep socket about 7 years ago, found it  about 2 months ago, 3 days later , it was MIA....may  it IS time to clean up.....?
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 6:48pm
I gotta clean my benches off bouts every week after the old lady....oooops...I mean the loving wife stacks stuff on them to get stuff outta her way! pfffft!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 6:56pm
now....we all need to see pics of Darrel in ND's benches in his Quonset!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

now....we all need to see pics of Darrel in ND's benches in his Quonset!

I would have to clean (Guess that YOU would have to clean) for a week to even find the bench to take a picture of it. Darrel
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:27pm
I have two in the small garage. one is L shaped all of them 6 to 7 feet long.  one in the basement and one in the barn and a table in there too.  In the big garage I have our old kitchen cabinets, lower and upper, all the way down on side.  .  .  .  They all look like yous or worse.  Bad thing is I'm retired and they should all be clean.  Maybe I'll turn on my Allis Chalmers salamander this winter and clean them.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic