This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mlpankey 226 liner flange thickness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mlpankey 226 liner flange thickness
    Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 9:41pm

Guess I'll take the block for machining.Line bore,deck and counterbore depth.Liners are flush and block is .002+ low in the middle.Was asked to bring liners along to double check finished work.Mine all mic .245.That sound right? These are used ones but new should be the same I would think in case I decide to put new guts in it.

Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 6:26am
I dont remember. I would check but all mine get cut with the deck to clean up the low spots as well as the high spots so if they were any varriance in flange thickness or counter bore depth it was corrected by the decking of the block with sleeeves installed.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 9:10am
A good, easy, successful way to remedy low areas is to use Belzona Super Metal (1111).
This is a permanent solution. First time I did this to an engine was in the mid 1980's and the engine performed quite well for many many years.    Last engine I did this to was five or ten years ago.  How time flies.

Edited by Clay - 22 Jul 2010 at 9:12am
Good View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:31am
I have done a bunch of 201's and 226's I have not ever had a sleeve that set to low even on one that was cracked between cyl. Was it rusted that bad or machined wrong at one time?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic