This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How Unlucky Can I Get

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Unlucky Can I Get
    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 9:18pm
Drove my Single Wheel CA up to my Son's house. He was sitting on the front porch admiring how nice it looked since he took down the farm fencing, pulled the T posts and  removed the rusty old gate from his front yard. I drove right up to the front porch between his parked car and a Water Hydrant where the fence once was to have him tell me I had a flat front tire.  He says. I bet you drove over that rusted off T post I couldn't pull out.
    Sure enough the little bit I didn't see in the grass and had no idea was even there put a 1 inch cut in the side wall getting the tube.   Looked like a scratch is all.
    First thing Monday the tire goes to Firestone Ag Tires in town. I hope a new tube and a possible boot can save this High Doller Firestone 6 ply to roll again another day. 
     What makes no sense is,  how was it a 5" wide tire could find a 1" rusted off T Post on a 65 acre farm. I almost missed it. Just getting close would have been  more better.
      I came back later with a 12 pound sledge and drove the damn thing way deep and outa sight.  Something He said he had planned to do before he mowed.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 21 Oct 2018 at 9:21pm
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:38pm
Kick his azz for not doing it right away!!!  And then for not warning you about it!!  Darn kids anyway... LOL
Don't suppose he offered to pay for fixin the tire?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 11:02pm
welcome to my world!
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 6:58am
If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. Gloom and despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression and excessive misery 
.     Who was it that said that and when? Was it on LAUGH IN TV?

I will be heading to Longview pretty quick right after breakfast.  Wish  me better luck with getting the tire repaired.   Sure can't afford a NEW one . Broke the bank to get this one.  It really don't look all that bad from the outside. 
    Can't stand the thought of missing the Shreveport LA State Fair Antique Tractor pull Friday and Saturday.  Weather forecast is for Sunshine Saturday.  60% chance of rain Wednesday. My luck needs to change. 3 full pulls both days would  be great.  I know I'm asking for too much
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 7:33am
Ken, I think that was on Hee-Haw every Saturday night.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 8:00am
YEP!  HEE HAW.

[TUBE]ZAAKPJEq1Ew[/TUBE]
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:25am
Ken, I'm pushing for 3 FULL pulls each day!!  Git er Done!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:32am
Ted, "pushing for 3 full pulls..."  On them jugs above?Wink
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 12:02pm
Back with a fixed flat.   Needed a tube and a boot.   Cash and carry for less than 25 bucks.  I'm good to go. Could have been a lot worse     HEE HAW

Edited by Ken in Texas - 22 Oct 2018 at 12:03pm
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 1:45pm
That's sure good to hear. Tom
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 4:17pm
Good that you got it done for so little. I was think I had to pay more than that for a tube for a trailer tire out here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic