This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anderson Window in MN hiring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anderson Window in MN hiring
    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 7:47pm
Anderson window in Bayport MN has billboards up along I 94 looking for employees . 
$20 a hour starting wages - full time .
 Seems MTC (city bus) is looking for drivers $19.85 - starting wage 

Friend has 4 job openings for truck drivers Class A - big trouble is have to pass DOT physical and a drug test -

MN has a 2.7% unemployment rate according to figures that were released today . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:21am
Yep.  The operators at the shop are 54 hrs per week ON THE SCHEDULE, overtime Sundays usually on top of that.  Planning on 12 -15% growth for next year.  How in the heck we're supposed to do that is a bit of a mystery.  Passing that drug test is a real challenge....of course one guy hired recently passed, then 8 weeks on the job got arrested for selling drugs out of his car on second shift.  Sure is lots of great people to hire out there!!!Ermm

Edited by Tbone95 - 19 Oct 2018 at 7:21am
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 9:39am
That can’t be true. My fat cousin from Minneapolis says Trump is no good and there are no Jobs in MN. Good thing he got his dad and not mine. My dad sent me packing at 17. He still lives at home in his 40’s and his dad still working in his 80’s to support his worthless ass.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 6:12pm
Now, now, coke and thad, better not crow too loud.  Obviously we are not tired of winning, but posting about it here, will doubtless upset john...Wink
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 6:57pm
City of Mpls is hiring also - they can't get truck drivers or laborers , in fact they offered retirees from as far back as 8 years jobs doing work that will not interfere with pensions. 
 City truck are setting and Independent Truckers are being hired as city cant find drivers . 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 10:32pm
We got the same problem here with city job. Our department has had an opening since end of June. I've been covering a lot of the shifts. Have only had 2 Saturdays off since Hutch.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 2:18pm
I'd come and do it, but it would interfere with my retirement.
There are a million kids out there who NEED jobs, but can't pass the pee tests...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 1:21am
WooHoo...another good job fer Les!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic