This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not A Chucky How To Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not A Chucky How To Video
    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:42am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImL0ilPUxcQ&t=31s

Edited by Dick L - 14 Oct 2018 at 7:25am
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:26am
A lot of 20 year olds without any disabilities out there that couldn't do this. Go Dick go!

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:47am
When I can no longer wrestle my tractor tires off and fix the tubes I will throw in the towel. Still do this but with tire irons.
johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:40am
Dick you are an inspiration to me.
Please be extra careful out there,
I got a lil nervous when the tractor wobbled on the jack.
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 11:01am
I second all the above, Dick. I wrestled the back tires off my WD this summer to replace tubes, and even with tire irons and a hydraulic bead breaker that was the hardest job I've done in quite a while, and I'm 29! Looks like your tires were a bit softer than mine though, which helps a lot.
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:15pm
Dick, I watched it twice, to be certain, Please put a jack stand under it somewhere, if there is not one already there, that I can't see.  We all value your experience, and would hate to see anything happen to you, should that rickety old floor jack give way...Wink
WD45Diesel57 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45Diesel57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:27am
i do all my tires with two tire dismounting bars and manual bead breaker and 4lb hammer!
1-B's, 2-C, 2-CA's,2-WF, 1-WC,1-G, 3-WD's, 2-WD45, 1-RC, 1-D17 Diesel, 1-D14, 2-D15,1-D17 row crop,1-D19 gas and All Crop 40,60,66,72,90 and 100
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by WD45Diesel57 WD45Diesel57 wrote:

i do all my tires with two tire dismounting bars and manual bead breaker and 4lb hammer!

I have plenty of tire irons. It is a tad hard to use them sitting in a chair without enough strength to hold them between the rim and bead while prying without hitting yourself in the head. I had to tie the one tire iron to the spoke as seen at the start. I thought for a bit I would have to get a cheater pipe to pry the bead over the edge of the rim.

I used the loader bucket to push the bead in far enough to get a tire iron wedged in enough to pry the bead in a little at a time as I worked around the tire to get it in even farther. I decided to get the camera after I had the thought, (aint no one going to believe I did this from a wheelchair) I was hoping I wouldn't have to do the same to the back side as I always did years ago because of the time it took on the front.

When I was tractor pulling I changed both back tires three weeks in a row on one tractor until I found the tire that worked the best. This is the first one since being in a chair most of the time. The last rear tractor tire removal was in about ten years back for me.   

Edited by Dick L - 15 Oct 2018 at 1:11pm
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:26pm
You making me rethink calling the tireshop next time I need one changed
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:23pm
Must be in better shape than me . Just turned 80 and i don't think i could get on that C.Mowed some with my A C   B  this morning.It is custimized and seat and pedels lowered and i put a step on it and i put a cement block beside so i can climb on .Hope you have many more good days.
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:31pm
I had to change the tube on my B a couple of months ago and would have left it on the tractor like he did except that I was taking the opportunity to paint the rim and wheel center.  Also, the tire having been on the rim since about 1990, I had to use a bottle jack under the hitch on my truck to break the bead.  Even little tractors can be a pain.  Of course, smart guy that I am, I decided to reconfigure the wheel to be a little narrower, which, of course....which pinched the tire against the mount for the mower....but the second time I had to take the tire off, I was able to use a bead breaker bar.

The guy in the video is getting it done- you have to respect that.

Edited by HoughMade - 15 Oct 2018 at 2:05pm
1951 B
1852 Moore Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1852 Moore Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 4:26pm
By god, when a man wants something done....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic