This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poored down rain all weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poored down rain all weekend
    Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:47pm
Darn, sure poored at the fleamarket. We didn't open up the booth today. About noon I started packing up. 4"in a Plastic pan, and it was running over. Had to hook up a 4320 to the front, needesd a little pull. Had to detour about 120 miles out of the way on the way home. Water was over the highway. I wanted to pull out at 4:00 last night before everything got wet. Old gal said "but my best day is always tomorrow". Good grief, now she's gotta unload every thing, dry it out and probably put new labels on the majority of her oroducts. There are days when she just don't think right.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 10:11pm
dont tell her that!
rained hard last night just at dusk, and then a steady slow rain till morning, very  abynormal   for west tx
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 11:02pm
I think we are sposed to git it here tonight, was forecasted for last night here, but it never came! we are all nestled in the fifth wheel, all warm, dry and cozy! sure looks cold outside, and it is windy right now. guess I better go check the grill outside before it starts raining.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 4:50pm
cooked bacon and eggs on the grill this morning in light rain, sat under the nose of the fifth wheel, it kept everything dry there! steaks/garlic bread last night, burgers tonight
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

cooked bacon and eggs on the grill this morning in light rain, sat under the nose of the fifth wheel, it kept everything dry there! steaks/garlic bread last night, burgers tonight

Well,,Good Buddy I'm sure glad you and the Mrs are having fun camping even if in the rain,,,ain't nuttin better than eggs and bacon on the grill no matter where,,,,!!!!,,,,but,,,,but,,,you keep eatin like that,,you is gonna get as big as Darr,,,er,,te,,,,,,Ummm,,,Joh,,,,,,,er,,,ME,,,!!!!WinkWink
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 8:16pm
Me thinks ol shameless is a having way too much fun csmping. Some of us combine work with camping, at least that's what I'm told. Sure glad to get outta a real bed thus AM and go to church. Afterwards we headed to Des Moines to deliver a big ol box of products
Then stopped at Harbor Freight. The 25% off coupon I had was not good in Iowa. Little gal founded a 20% off coupon instead. Grand son was here when I got home. He'd been bow hunting.   Didn't get anything this time.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 2:11am
the rain stopped here about noonish...was hazey all day and the light wind had a little bit of a bite to it. still worked well under the nose of the fifth wheel, put the grill on the flatbed deck of my pickup and was covered above by the trailer, everything kept dry while grilling! looking out over the lake this morning reminded me how it always looked out on the lake of the woods in Canada in the mornings in September's.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:43am
I wouldn't mind a little rain here.  Instead we had a blizzard blow through last night and dumped about 4 in. of "pretty"!!  Was a white knuckle drive home last night--couldn't see nuttin for snow and couldn't tell where we was on the highway. Finally got off onto the sheltered side roads and got home OK.  I don't know if shameless had anything to do with this one, as he's out campin!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:44am
Where about in Alberta are you?
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:20am
It was a good weekend to work inside the shop...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 1:14pm
Last I looked it was 88 here and things are wet, we've had 2' of rain this month and plenty last month
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 5:13pm
Chaskaduo, I'm about in the middle-- 'bout 30 miles East of Edmonton.
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 9:01pm
rain what's that?
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:14pm
We had between 7 and 10" the past 2 weeks. At least this weeks show is on Concrete. Will be at the Covered Bridge Festival in Winter set Iowa Sat and Sunday-rain, snow, or shine. Pork producers have one if the best loin sandwiches ever. I gotta figure out how to post pictures,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:53pm
thanks Tom...now you gots my mouth slather'in for a good ole pork loin! guess i'll do one on the grill now, (I figgered out how to do that on a grill!) there was one county fair we go to that the pork producers always put out a fine slice of pork for samwiches, now they use processed pork with breading on it for their samwiches, the line isn't as long anymore and it just don't taste as good. I can't believe they did that!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:22pm
Anything to save a buck.....they don't learn,,,,,,,it's just plain greed...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 4:20pm
with all the days/nights it rained here our total is only about an inch and droplets.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:39pm
Well, we're still getting deluged here.  Over 5" now and counting....
It's supposed to quit now for about 4 or 5 days.
What does the sun look like???  Or BLUE SKY for that matter.......Cry
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:49pm
watch for sum "pretty" coming your way Ted!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 9:45am
No Shameless, I need one more day to put my left front strut in my van! Purty Please! 

Edited by chaskaduo - 13 Oct 2018 at 9:46am
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:21pm
OK Shameless I got the strut in, you can let her rip on Ted any old time now. LOL
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

OK Shameless I got the strut in, you can let her rip on Ted any old time now. LOL

Dang he is getting accommodating, or is he bothering someone else an still vacationing???
An the batteryWink in the remote must of quit.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:07am
Ray he must of heard me it's snowing this morning here in a burb of Mpls.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:14pm
lots of folks say i'm a nice guy! lol
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:19am
Yep darn it, got snowed out/blew around today. Had a great day yesterday, dog gone it, and I only got 1 of those pork loin samwiches. And dropped part of it when I was reaching for a bag to drop this cute little gals purchase into. Was a busy day on Sat. Got another show next Sat, all indoors thiz time, then the following weekend well be in Great Bend Kansas. Old gal is actually getting paid to go, hotel room furnished too, can't beat that.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 7:21pm
WELL, at least it quit RAINING!!!
Hah!!  Only got 2".  You break a hose??  Or the crick dry up? LOL
"Allis-Express"
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 6:44pm
Set up in Clarinex Iowa today for a 1 day show. Again see nery is great. Old gal says we are gonna retire for good next year, ya over my dead body. The see nery here is better than driving thru the mountains, almost
As good as a good AC show
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 9:41am
Better looking peaks and valleys. Cool
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 11:49pm
you sure it wasn't Clarinda IA?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic