This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The bandit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The bandit
    Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 3:06pm
So sad Burt Reynolds died today call me old fashioned but I watch the crap out of his movies and haven't seen a bad one yet. Film truly won't be the same now but at least him and Jerry reed are reunited again to make that run they say can't be done
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 3:49pm
Missed this when posted my own.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 4:42pm
Rest in Peace Bandit.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 5:31pm
usually people have an opinion of actors and politicians. I have NEVER heard a bad comment about Burt...... seems everyone liked his movies.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 5:34pm
Could have done the worst deeds in Hollywood, No one would have cared, He was THE Burt Reynolds, may he be at peace now.
dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 6:59pm
he also was good when he was in gun smoke' he did a lot of gun smoke movies. played the blacksmith .
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 8:24pm
I also liked him in anything he did! he'll be missed!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 9:05pm
Smokey and the Bandit (first one) is one of my favorite movies. But I really like the old Gunsmoke shows with Burt in them, too. One of my favorite lines of his in Gunsmoke, was when he had some spoiled rotten little gal (pretty cute though) practically throwing herself at his feet. But he wasn't having nuttin to do with her. When she asked him why he was playing so hard to get, he responded with: "I always believed that the fruit that you have to reach for is much sweeter than that that falls to your feet". Pissed the lil gal right off. Darrel
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 9:56pm
Deliverance,,, best Archery shot ever. Great actor who made a lot of good movies.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 12:01am
Yep gonna be missed hare too. Guess I'll look thru the movie pile at Menard's when the old gal drags me there tomorrow night. She done decided she needs 3 lights put up instead of two. At least she changed her mind BEFORE I got the sheetrock hung. Unusual for her.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 7:11am

Video - Burt Reynolds on GunSmoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X67RmNdwpQ
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:20pm
The movie may have sucked, but the out takes are priceless...Wink

[TUBE]Avis_OWEZlI[/TUBE]

Edited by DiyDave - 07 Sep 2018 at 8:20pm
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:35pm
I had to shed a tear
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 9:10pm
Yup I'm a yungin and I love his movies. I'm watching the bandit interviews from 2016 and Hal Needham
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 6:44pm
I never knew until now that he started life in Lansing Michigan.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:03pm
Hundreds of movies at the flea MKT and I couldn't find 1 Burt. But I gots 2 more in the next 2 weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic