This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11B TRACK PROBLEM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11B TRACK PROBLEM
    Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 7:10am
Has anyone any idea why on a side hill I seem to be having a problem of not being able to keep track tight enough to stay on front idler. Last time it happened I noticed the big track adjuster bolt was deep enough inside the spring assemby so that I could not loosen off or tighten track till I moved to where there was less pressure on idler. Is there a way to increase pressure in this assembly and how does it work straight spring or with hydraulic support?
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 10:16am
Compression spring, it is to take up any excessive load placed on track, not to adjust or tension track.
  It may be weak and allowing track to go out of adjustment, or the position you are getting into is allowing to much tension on track. If track is worn to allow it to crawl over center of front ideler or wavy enough to come out of bottom rollers this may be overloading track. Also if bushings are riding wrong on sprocket teeth this will overtension track.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Butch Hull View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Hull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 6:35pm
Your tracks may have some ware on the chains, but if you have a good pair of rock guards it really makes a difference. One pair I had wanted to walk off all the time and I could about bend that chain into an "S" but I put rock guards on it and run it till the sprocket and bushing were totaled.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 5:24am
Did you check from the front idler how many inchs you still have on the track frame and it could be too bad tread on the rod and the hole yoke
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 6:58am
my guess is that your chains are snakey and the sides of them are worn as are your rollers. if you do not have nice squared edges on the side of your chains and rollers, on side hills it will want to come off the rollers first then the idler. got the same trouble with my hd5. i will try the rock guards as previously posted.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic