This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dad and i hunting treasures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:01am
Bob,
Neat project on picker!!!  Those road trips are always fun!!   Just thought I would mention that I built a fairly precision model of the 33 on a WC last year.   You can see it on my model website at acmodelsofarizona.weebly.com.     Armand
Sponsored Links

ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Bradleytrench Bradleytrench wrote:

Man i feel like one lucky person. I have a operation manual, dealership service and setup manual, dealership parts manual, and i have 3 copies of prints of the model 33 picker and the 14 picker that should have been destroyed.
WOW those are truly some treasures ya got there bob.No wonder ole dad was fired up...lol...great find!!
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
Bradleytrench View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:30pm

Today dad and I took the elevator off my picker. Cleaned all the mouse nests and crap out of the elevator. Did some body work on the elevator. Replaced the elevator chain paddles. Put the elevator back on the picker. Now if i can get my new tires on my wagon, I'll be ready to pick corn this week. I sure would like to pick a wagon load of corn to take to the show this next weekend. Bobby
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:31pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:40pm

Little video of the elevator working

https://youtu.be/tU0YQ1-Q-M8

Edited by Bradleytrench - 08 Sep 2018 at 10:40pm
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 2:07am
Bob,
That elevator is humming right along as it should! Good job! Have fun at the show!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:10am
  have to say back two months ago when Bob said he'd like to have something diff from all the same stuff you see at shows and I said get a mounted corn picker never dreamed we might find a good picker that can still work (more or less). I think Bob is happy with this unit.    
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:41pm
Well since I had to work all weekend, i missed the show in republic. Had a few hrs this afternoon. Went to dads and played

https://youtu.be/Ey9zMOe4GPI

https://youtu.be/6wnMPAmvHt8

And then dad played

https://youtu.be/jnnXaGR36N0

https://youtu.be/aqhdSf5XJCQ

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:44pm

I need to hook my fans back up to blow the trash out.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:47pm
That is very cool!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 9:49pm
Bob, Don,
Thanks for taking and posting! I had never seen one of these in operation! I kept thinking, raise the head! raise the head! Then realized that I don't think you can raise the head on these? Is that correct? I assume the corn rows are not the right spacing for running two rows??
You guys have done a great job getting this picker and tractor working in a short time!
Bob, hows that hand clutch working?
Regards,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 9:15am
There's a funny little story behind picking some corn yesterday, I called Bob to see if he was OK with me getting some picked for a display for the wife to-be and Bobby asked me to hold-on and he'd be right over to run it too. lol 
The fan belt was unhooked to the blowers (it was removed to make repairs) and let a lot of trash go into the wagon but we knew that was going to happen, this was more to play that to pick for real. It will get a real work-out when the corn is ready in two or three weeks.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:11pm

https://youtu.be/9jGguEiGHpU

Today i took my tractor and picker out and picked some 250+ bushel corn. Heres a video of todays activities. I had 2 farmers that farm a lot of ground stop and watch my picker in action. One had to have his combine in the picture with the tractor and picker. Bobby

Edited by Bradleytrench - 22 Sep 2018 at 8:11pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:21pm
Bobby,
 Great video of you picking corn! Thanks for sharing! You guys did it! One row at a time.
Regards,
 Chris
KerryM View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:47pm
That is so cool! I can't get enough of the old way of doing things!
1950 C, 1952 CA, 1961 D17 (Dads last tractor)

1944 Farmall B, 1947 Farmall B, Bobcat 610
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 8:15am
Here's a hot link to Bob's fun.

JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:56pm
Nice! Wish I had a flare bed wagon like that!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic