This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd11 steering question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd11 steering question
    Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 9:15am
I was giving my dads hd11 and finally got the diesel pump rebuilt and it is running great.

Now the new problem when it first started everything worked great and now the steering clutch don't want to work all the time.  Work less then it does work.  

If i go backward i can sometimes get them to work and then they will work forward as long as i use them right then.  If you drive it forward any at all they will not work.

I was told it was a 62 which should have dry clutches.  Im not sure it is a 62 now.  serial number is 29c14712   

Any help would be appreciated 

Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 6:01pm
Highest serial # listed in C.H.Wendell's book is 10533, for 1965.  are you sure this is a serial #, stamped on a plate?  Others may chime in, and tell you where to find the #, on the machine...Wink
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 7:30pm
Should be stamped Rt RR corner of the back of the cast part of machine. Will start HD11-
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 4:56am
Maybe your brake pedal and lever stering cluch need adjustement and if they are wet brake and cluch maybe the streaner is clogged
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 5:27pm
i think that serial number would be 1969, and I agree with gemdozer- check the steering strainer, it will be either in the engine compartment or under the seat.  It is about the size of a medium drinking cup, and is held together with four bolts, 7/16 head.  It is pretty common for these to clog up with clutch material.
SkinnyTim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:38pm
I got the number off the right rear corner it is stamped deep you cant miss it.   This is my first ever dozer so I dont know anything about them.  I just started it and push about 20 mesquite trees with great stearing then it went away.   

From what i have read 62 which is what i was told it was is dry clutch but this one where the steering rods go it to the transmission in the middle there is lots of hydraulic line.

Where or what number are all the filters. This one looks like ever thing is a canster filter or they just  screens?
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 12:44am
29C14712 is the very very last of the geardrive HD11E. Be a 1970 build, just before the series B HD11 came out.
Yes is wet steering clutchs and brakes. Brakes are manuel, no assist. Steering is hydraulic so will have a suction screen and pressure filter.
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
SkinnyTim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 6:23pm
Thank yall for the help I will try changing the filters as soon as I can.   Spent the last two day is the hospital with chest pain.

jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:46am
Hope you are ok! Be safe and let us know how you are.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic