This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D15 Revival

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:26pm
Wow. What a great way to update!!!! Enjoy it. I had one just like it. I sure do miss it!!!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Sponsored Links

Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:09pm
modirt, great video.....she sounds really smooth. Nice work! We'r e looking forward to Part 2!

Dave
WC, CA, D14, WD45
jollymon68 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jollymon68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 7:08pm
Awesome job! Can't wait to see it totally done!
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 11:22am
How is it coming along on the D15?
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 11:38am
Funny you should ask.

Was at the Boonville swap meet a few weeks back and forum member AJ caught my eye with an aftermarket replacement for the factory 3 point hitch. It required conversion back to a snap coupler setup, but seemed to me to be a lot more sturdy. It was already sold, or I would have bought it . This one......as viewed from the bottom.

So as of yesterday, I checked again on the progress of the welding job on the drawbar support casting, and no joy......hadn't been touched. So I loaded it all up and brought it home. Have also spent a lot of time and effort trying to find a replacement casting with no luck. So have decided to abandon plans to get the gimpy factory 3 point back in shape and will convert it to a SC tractor, with after market 3 point of the type shown. Won't look the same, but will work the same and should be much stronger.

Have managed to round up most of the SC component parts already and working to get them installed. Once that is back on, I think she is ready to leave the shop and go to work.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 7:53am
Little D15 got her discharge papers from the hospital and has been sent home......

Unloaded her from the truck and immediately introduced her to one of her new playmates.....a NH 56 rake from the same era......the two of them hit it off and were getting long nicely.

Will do one more video to summarize all that has happened in the past 6 months (it was a lot), plus hope to do a 3rd short video with her doing some actual work for the first time in about 20 years. Wink
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:07am
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

It has been a while since I've published any videos.........

[TUBE]xlltrrTxxLs[/TUBE]

Looking good.
Sounds like maybe Union Station playing the music in your video??
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:04am
Originally posted by DonDittmar DonDittmar wrote:

Looking good.
Sounds like maybe Union Station playing the music in your video??

Have come to respect and appreciate some of the keen eyes for detail guys on this forum have.......and ears too!
jeickman01 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeickman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:51am
What was the final fix on the front axle pin?  I have same problem on a D17 III and was quoted over $300 for a 70253386 Pivot Pin.
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:10am
I like it.    My WC was like that when they pulled it out of the shed but engine would still turn over.  I did open the valve cover to check but everything was OK.  

Luckily I pulled the head off pretty soon, but after we had it running a few times.   Found the rings were almost worn thru and probably would have broken and ruined the liners eventually.  

Good luck!  Thanks for sharing.

My families D14 and D17 were early ones in Orange,   I remember the envy when the neighbor would go by with a shiny, newer model with white wheels.

1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:33am
Originally posted by jeickman01 jeickman01 wrote:

What was the final fix on the front axle pin?  I have same problem on a D17 III and was quoted over $300 for a 70253386 Pivot Pin.

Found a replacement axle assembly that had a good pin, plus was not bent. Used the best parts of the front end assemblies to make one.  The spare parts were saved and sitting on a pallet in the barn. My plan is to take them to a swap meet, unless somebody needs them now.

While the D15 was in the shop, a guy brought in a D17 with pivot pin in similar condition. He took the assembly to a welder, who built up the worn places with weld, the ground it back down to size. Looked pretty good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic