This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mystery Hydraulics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mystery Hydraulics
    Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 3:52pm

My dad gave me this hydraulic jack many years ago and as a kid I can remember it sitting against the wall under a table in his shop. I might be mistaken, but I thought that he had told me it was used to raise the header on an All Crop combine, It has no piston, the pressure port is on the bottom and the base is drilled and tapped for, what I would guess would be a fender mount. I was looking around for something to make and injector tester, and I thought of this, with a bit of work and a bit of machining I think it will work great. Observe the shape of the handle they just don't do things like that any more and it won't be sitting around for another seventy years doing nothing.   Anybody recognize it???    Thanks Tad

Edited by Tad Wicks - 23 Jun 2018 at 4:36pm
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 12:07am
Dad's 66 combine didn't have a hydraulic lift cylinder, it had a long lever that used counterbalance springs to aid in the lift. I have no idea what you have.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:46am
Hydraulic header control was optional on the All-Crop 60.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:14am
Dad's 60 had the lever/springs.The 90 had a hyd cyl.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:05am
That doesn't look like anything that would go on an All-Crop, but I've seen some good examples of farmer ingenuity in the past. 
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:03pm

Well here we are some time later and I finally finished it, works great, dirty shop and all

Edited by Tad Wicks - 23 Mar 2020 at 7:04pm
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:40am
There was an optional hydraulic header lift for the All-Crop 60.
Could this be a hand pump for activating the ram when the tractor
hydraulics weren't available for some reason?
Just a thought.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:02pm
Arland Lepper has a hillside 60 with a manual hydraulic pump that mounts on a tractor fender. It doesn't look quite like that, but same idea of operation I think.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:04pm
Thanks guys, I believe that was what my dad was referring to, he had a WD that they used to pull the machine, but way before my time. It now pops injectors and it looks pretty classy in its new AC orange paint. Always look to  re purpose the old.  Tad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic