This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Determining D10 value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Determining D10 value
    Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:57am
Unfortunately I've become so sick (ALS) that I have to think about selling my restored D10. I want to ask the right price for it but have no idea where to start.
Help

PS: I tried to post a picture of it but couldn't
Sponsored Links

Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:55am
Hopefully someone can help load pics, I can't myself. My prayers are with you and your illness, God Bless!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:04pm
Much depends on what has been done to it during the restoration.  A picture would also help bunches.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:47pm
In lieu of a picture, a serial number, and series number might be a good start, for those of us who don't remember...
brkfldj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkfldj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:34pm
Sorry to hear of your declining health. I wish the best for you. Try to email the pictures to me and I will post them for you.
My email is : brkfldj@aol.com
Jim
RPR View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:15am
Sorry to all awaiting a response, busy weekend. It's a 1965 Series II Serial #D10-6814 with 3000 hours finished with automotive base coat/clear coat. If someone would explain how to post pics I will.
JayD-17(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayD-17(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:34am
I always load mine up to a online photo account, currently using Flickr......, from there, it makes it real easy to post pics here.....

I sent you a private message with my email address, if you can email the pics to me, I can post them up for you.

I might be interested in your D10.....I am about a hour and a half from Munnsville,
Does it have a factory 3 point hitch or the snap-coupler system?.....any attachments for it?

RPR View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:39pm

3 point hitch
RPR View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:01pm
JayD-17(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayD-17(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:06pm
That worked......

How 'bout a few more?!

What mechanical work was done on it? I presume it runs well, and does not jump out of any gears? 

Edited by JayD-17(NY) - 18 Jun 2018 at 1:08pm
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:26pm
That s/n should make it one of the earliest made in 1963. Nice looking tractor for sure.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 7:08pm
Its a shame to put that much time and effort in it and then put that hideous chrome pipe on it.Put on the right muffler it'll look 10X better.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 8:59pm
Nice looking D-10. If it came with 3 point would'nt it have the hi/lo or was that the D-12?
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 9:25pm
Unofficial Series Two as they were called were also available w/ 3-pt., live hydraulics and live pto like the D12 of the same year(s), I have one. D10 finals were a tad narrower than the D12, most with non PAW's but PAW was an option. Optional range tranny came along with Series Three.
RPR View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:55am
It has about 3000 hours on it and was gently used. I bought it 12 years ago already done. Since that time I've rebuilt the generator and carb but it hasn't needed anything else. I'm listing it in the classifieds now for $7,500.
RPR View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:55pm
I know most think that's way too high and maybe it is but I know just to have a paint job would be in the thousands. I use to use it for shows, parades and to brush hog about 4 acers in nice weather. I looked for a few years to find the right one (buying and selling a few) and it's really hard to give it up.

That old saying about having your health... believe it!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:04pm
Great looking tractor. Soory about your health! I do wish you the best!
As far as price I will take a guess. It could be between $2000 and $4000. just a ballpark guess. I know it takes a lot to get them in that shape!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:46pm
$7500 might be too high but one thing is for sure you can always go lower but you can't go higher.  Good luck with the sale, it sure is a good looking D10.Thumbs Up
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
kev/ont View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev/ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:48pm
all it takes is the right person to come along and it'll sell. i just sold a wd that i restored 10 years ago for a large buck compared to what they talk on this forum. Set a price that will let you sleep at night and add 10 percent. then be prepared to waitfor your buyer.
RPR View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:34am
Thanks for all the responses. If someone is seriously looking for a D10 and wants to get one in this condition then the asking price will make more sense. By the way, I like the way the exhaust looks and it sounds real nice when you open 'er up!
RPR View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:41am
By the way, there's more pictures of it in the classifieds, with the correct muffler that was on it when I bought it.
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:55pm
Hello Ron  Have not seen any replies  if you have sold the D 10 or not, if not We are very much interested in the tractor   Please Advise Thank You   Allen Dilg
DEP5 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEP5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:20am
< As far as price I will take a guess. It could be between $2000 and $4000. just a ballpark guess. >

How very insulting
D10 Series III, fully optioned
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by DEP5 DEP5 wrote:

< As far as price I will take a guess. It could be between $2000 and $4000. just a ballpark guess. >

How very insulting

When someone asks for an opinion (such as price) on here, people respond with their OPINION.

The guy that made that comment is a well respected member of this forum, who gave his OPINION. I have seen many of his posts on here and I have never seen any that were disrespectful or insulting.

IMHO, the post above that I quoted is quite disrespectful!
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by DEP5 DEP5 wrote:

How very insulting

So how much are you offering in CASH?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic