This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

616/620/720 front electric clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell, Jr. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 616/620/720 front electric clutch
    Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:58am
The front clutch on my 620 went out last night, what's out there for new/used, and what are the going prices?

Sponsored Links

Tom IA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:56pm
some of the parts are still available not bearing, had to go with a different bearing bushed the housing and made a couple spaces check with Sandy Lake
Darrell, Jr. (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell, Jr. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:33pm
Thanks Tom, I was starting to think no one has ever replaced a clutch on one of these...lol...I will look into parts

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 5:55am
hmm.. just stopped ? Check for a broken wire. Most electric clutches draw about 3 1/2 to 4 amps of current. I've rewired a few,not hard but a long afternoon's labour. Only cost was $10 of copper wire and $5 for the 5 minute epoxy.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 8:55pm
I need to learn how to rewire one. I have 2 720’s and use them on a regular bases. Sickle mower and rear tiller at the moment. Utube video?
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
ac720nut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac720nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:52am
Mike Brown in Wisconsin has a line on rewiring clutches
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell, Jr. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 9:19pm
It's not the electrical part of the clutch that's bad, it's one of the spring steel alignment fingers that broke.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 10:51pm
It can probably be fixed. Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell, Jr. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:31am
I have already tack welded it once, I would hate to put too much on it and throw the balance off and wreck something else.

Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 7:47pm
Darrell, it is riveted at each end? I don't remember how that clutch looks at moment. Lots of them can be fixed with proper procedure. HTH Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic