This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yesterdays trip to the farm pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yesterdays trip to the farm pics
    Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 1:31pm
The corn was over 7 feet tall I think, I didn't measure but it was taller than me by quite a bit.

On the way home we were behind a storm driving east and with the sun low behind us the way the sun reflected off the high clouds it made for a real light show.

To keep it on topic, my daughter took some pictures out the sliding rear window at the sunset and framed the silhouette of the WD45 Diesel real nice I think.

Sponsored Links

Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 1:34pm
Beautiful pic!  Sunset with crazy clouds, silhouette of an AC, American flag.... Can't get much better!
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
scott View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 1:43pm
Excellent pictures! Thanks for sharing
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 2:21pm
Very nice!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 2:28pm
Great looking pictures 
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 4:21pm
Tom was that you heading west on 94 yesterday about 10:30 around St Cloud if I remember right.  A black caddy went by you and looked at the cargo carefully.
Jeff(WC)(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WC)(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 6:29pm
Tom, beautiful picture of that 45!
TomMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 6:58pm
Thanks for the nice comments.  Yes Darrell, I think that would have been me, I noticed some people eying up the cargo.  I would think your assessment would be; That tractor needs a major cleaning before it gets to Hutch.  The cloud pictures were on the way back, the first was taken out the passenger window and we were not to the freeway yet.  The second I think was on the freeway, my wife and daughter both took several pictures because of the clouds.  The flag and the way the clouds were really set that one off though, I think it would have been somewhere between Alexandria and Melrose.  Tom
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 8:54pm
Yes Tom. The 103 exit is the one by Fleet Farm in Alexandria.
TomMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 9:45pm
I hadn't tried to lighten and enhance the picture, but I was curious to see how exit 103 was mentioned.  I see with enhancement the exit sign can be clearly read, so that is indeed where it was.  Amazing the detail that is in the picture even after I reduced it for posting.
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:12am
Thanks for sharing pics.  Sun rays are special!  The WD45s paint job looks smooth.
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 7:03am
Great pictures
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 8:00am
Yeah, that Big "D" is familiar being in the back seat of Black Caddy's. He knows a few of my cousin's....  LOL!
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 8:36am
great pictures ,tom. sad to here we won't be able to see pictures of the caravan via a wd45 exaust pipe. see you at hutch? Is scott going on the caravan?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic