This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need david bradley experts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need david bradley experts
    Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:08am
Im trying to figure out what i have here. There was a website that give you the rundown on this numbers and tell you what you have have, but i cant find it know. Any help would be appreciated.
Wondering if this is org engine mostly that the engine plate. Thanks wil
Sponsored Links

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:24am
Referring to the 917-575100...I believe 917 is the Sears catalog code given to all DB products. 5751 is the model number. Not sure what the two 0's are for. My DB just has 917-5751. The 5751 was the first model produced after the war. 
Originally these tractors used a different type of cultivator attaching system, but it looks like yours has been converted to use the newer saddle bar system. Is there sort of a "T" shaped bracket under the engine, for the front of the cultivator to attach? 

Also...I know what website you are referring to, but I haven't been able to find it in a few years. 

Edited by CrestonM - 01 May 2018 at 9:24am
Wdtractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:51am
I like the shanks on this cultvator much better than my other one. This one is a newer model than my other 3 bc instead of it haveing a one peace frame from front to back. The handel bars and front frame are separate, also it has another pully on the clutch. Im guessing it had a reverser on it at some point. If this is org engine at least it not locked up lol.
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:00am
Creston has it correct on the model number. 
Sears has the 917.xxxx... number system. 
The 00 at the end appears to be a part of their number system. 

And that does appear to be the original engine. 

Edited by Jim Hancock - 01 May 2018 at 10:17am
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:13am
Well what im trying to find out is the actual model if it a 5hp super than this is correct engine. With out the list to run down the numbers just the model number not helping me. I was hoping some of you fine people could help translate this numbers it to something i can understand
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:19am
Can you clean the plate off some to make it easier to read? 

How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:51am
I can try to take a better pic when im at home, im at work right know.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 5:08pm
Will, the engine appears to be original. The start of the engine model number (500) indicates B&S manufacture IIRC. 917 was the source code for Roper Corp who made a lot of the Sears lawn and garden equipment. Sears used a source code as part of the model number to identify the manufacturer of any equipment, appliances, etc. which they sold. The wheel weights are neat, you don't see many of those; can't tell from the picture if the wheels are original. I don't see a rod for the clutch release mechanism either. Most of these units had a reversing mechanism which explains the extra pulley.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 6:56pm
Since it's a mid/late 40s 5751, the correct engine would be a Briggs N or Briggs 6. Mine is a very early serial number for 1946, and it had the original Briggs 6 (looks nearly identical to yours) 
Also, the 5751 is very basic...the clutch and wheels are different from later models (I don't think yours are original, but it's hard to tell with the weights on), and there is no variable speed or reversing mechanism from the factory on this model. 

The Super Power tractors weren't until later in the '50s. 

If you or anyone else are looking for a Briggs N engine, I have an extra to part with. $85 + ride. 

Edited by CrestonM - 01 May 2018 at 6:58pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 7:20pm
CrestonM, is a n briggs is what this one is?
917575100 model#
   42341 series #
   Tractor
500 202087 model#
   349557 series #
   Engine
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 7:23pm

You can see the double pully and where the handel nars bolt on both in that pic. And it got the 3 lug wheels like it suppose to have. The wheel wights are international havester weights.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:18pm
Strange...someone must have changed out the transmission case cover with the serial number tag, because that's not a 5751. It's a later model. The 5751 had a monoframe, meaning the handlebars were also the frame. One long piece. On yours you can see the handlebars clearly bolt to the transmission case. The wheels are also for a later model. 

I can't help you much with the other numbers, as I don't have any sort of reference books for these tractors. 
But no, that's not a Briggs N. It's a later model with a mechanical governor I believe, but I'm not too knowledgeable on Briggs engines. 

Edited by CrestonM - 01 May 2018 at 10:19pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by CrestonM CrestonM wrote:

Strange...someone must have changed out the transmission case cover with the serial number tag, because that's not a 5751. It's a later model. The 5751 had a monoframe, meaning the handlebars were also the frame. One long piece. On yours you can see the handlebars clearly bolt to the transmission case. The wheels are also for a later model. 

I can't help you much with the other numbers, as I don't have any sort of reference books for these tractors. 
But no, that's not a Briggs N. It's a later model with a mechanical governor I believe, but I'm not too knowledgeable on Briggs engines. 

Iv have four total db. my other three are the older type with the one peace frames. That was what i was basing my idea of it may be a super on. I have to admit that im not that knowledgeable about the number system on the tractors, and i know next to nothing about the older single cylinder engines. I was really hoping to find out that it was an org engine. That was a big reason i bought it, but really i can make money just on the wheel weights so its not a loss either way. this is the one i use in the garden. Best i can remember it a late 40's model.   Thanks for the input anyway

Edited by Wdtractorman - 01 May 2018 at 11:24pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:36pm
you have the cab with AC....right?
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:13am
It's a 5hp Special.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Jordan(OH) Jordan(OH) wrote:

It's a 5hp Special.

So is that the org engine? And what engine is it so i can start looking for parts?

Edited by Wdtractorman - 03 May 2018 at 8:37am
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:50pm
Go to the Briggs sight and you should be able to find all the information on your engine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic