This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

American Hunters in numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Hunters in numbers
    Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 11:56am

An Interesting Slant On American Hunters

AMERICA'S HUNTERS

Pretty Amazing!

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion: There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin...
Allow me to restate that number: 600,000! 
Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the 8th largest army in the world.(That's more men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined.)
These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, And NO ONE WAS KILLED.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania's and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, 
ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more. 
________The point?________ 
America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower! 
Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer. 
It's also a matter of national security.
That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed. Food for thought, when next we consider gun control. Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens??? 
For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

(If you agree, as I do, pass it on, I feel good that I have an army of millions who would protect our land, and I sure don't want the government taking control of the possession of firearms.)AMERICA! Designed by geniuses; Now run by idiots.

Armed legal citizens are not the problem!

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 3:10pm
Impressive, isn't it!  I just checked and the numbers for PA are a little higher than your report shows.  Around 945,000 hunting licenses issued in 2006 and down to about 914,000 for 2016.  Yep, a LOT of gun owners, and just think, most hunters own more than one gun and also remember that not all gun owners go hunting either.  Didn't the emperor of Japan say during WWII something about not invading America because there would be a gun behind every blade of grass?  Why do the gun control freaks not understand this?
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:31am
What would happen if every one of the millions of hunters went to Washington and their state capitals and held a  "NO MORE GUN CONTROL OR WE`LL BE BACK" march?  I think we would get their attention. 
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:53am
Originally posted by weiner weiner wrote:

What would happen if every one of the millions of hunters went to Washington and their state capitals and held a  "NO MORE GUN CONTROL OR WE`LL BE BACK" march?  I think we would get their attention. 

Problem is, is that all the responsible legal gun owners also have jobs. No time to march
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:19am
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 4:38pm
I say the liberal loony left will push their luck a little too far and the armed right  will say enough is enough and will push back. In 1968 it was the crime bill to end all crime,  remember the Saturday night specials?  Oh just take them off the street,  that`s all we want.   No they are NEVER happy,  they get one off the street and it`s on to the next one.   The anti gunners will never be happy till ALL guns are gone!   The ignorant  anti gunners are playing right into the communist take over in our government,  anti gunners are doing all the leg work and belly aching for the government that wants to control us subjects. 

Edited by weiner - 15 Apr 2018 at 4:40pm
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic