This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kurt gets sworn in tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurt gets sworn in tomorrow
    Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:14am
Our son Kurtis Signed up on Wednesday for the Marine Core. Thursday he went to Syracuse for testing and phyiscal. Today he gets sworn in and figures he will be leaving on or about Dec. 13th.

On a side note, I asked him if they were offering a sign on bonus. His response "I don't know dad, it's not about the money."

Just recieved a phone call from his recuiter. He will not be sworn in at this time. He was not able to pass the fitness test. He needs to do 3 pull ups which he has done in the past but was not able to today.

Edited by ToddSin NY - 09 Jul 2010 at 9:58am
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 4:18am
Congratulations Kurt. I am thankful there are so many young men and women like you out there that still want to support our country and defend our freedom. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:01am
Please give him my thanks also. I know you're proud, as we are for you!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:24am
Thank you for for serving Kurt!
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 7:48am
Thanks Kurt and thanks mom and dad!
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 8:02am
One of the proud and few -- my CORPS. Thanks for his service. May he have a great experience and stay safe and sound. Both my sons have made their careers in the military -- one Navy, one Marine Corps. Proud of them both.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 12:03pm
Kurt,  Congratulations!!
My thanks for your service to our country.  I honor you and all your comrades for what you are doing for our country.
Good Luck!
Bill LOng
Steve M C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:00pm

I thank the Lord for parents like you and sons like yours.He sees the BIG picture!

Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 3:29pm

My "Hat",  is off to him!  Thanks, and be safe!

Max(ia) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max(ia) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 3:36pm

Thanks and lots of luck, Kurt.   Three pull-ups wouldn't be high on my list, but then I was in the Army.   lol
JeffHillNC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffHillNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 8:42pm
Todd if he ever gets stationed at lejune or new river let me know and I'll show him around they are practically my back yard. jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic