This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT injection pump timing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190XT injection pump timing.
    Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 11:20pm
Just putting my pump back on my old XT and was setting it just the way the marks were, but then I started questioning if this thing is actually timed right.
  The crank shaft says 28 degrees on the cover,
 the marks inside the injection pump are across from each other -- in line,
 And on the flange of injection pump, it says 7 degrees. 
   Now is that correct timing?
       Like to button this up since I got over 200 acres of hay yet to cut an bale.  Thanks.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:53am
Depends on WHICH pump it is...if it's exactly where it was before, it's obviously good enough.
Good View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 7:09am
This is kinda off subject but would you guys change the timing for running 3000 RPM?
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 11:17am
Just an update -
  its back to running, - not pumping diesel into the crankcase either and the newer turbo is turning nice. (went from a rajay with bad seals on intake and ex sides to an Airesearch) Drain tube was from 7000 was crushed so I heated the pipe and took tube out and then threaded the hole and put fitting in from Rajay and rebent a few angles in old drain line. Then I bent some new line to fit like old oil line did on engine and bent upper part to fit like 7000 line did and connected it to turbo's fitting. For the tube going from turbo to manifold, I found a hose that went from 2 1/4" to 2"  with slight bend and put on steel tube. 
  Bled the system and left line nuts to injectors quarter turn from tightening and cranked the old girl. After a little bit, fuel started spraying from nuts and it was trying to start and I cranked the hard sprayers tight and it started and I finished tightening the rest.
  Good to hear it run again.  Now to get the hood back on and put it back to work.
 Does seem to smoke some yet, (kinda expected that after running for 32+ years without being taken apart)... but not like it did before. All the diesel fuel in the crankcase must had washed all the black out cuz I have run it for an hour and the oil looks like nice and clear yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic